5 in 1 vs 7 in 1 canine vaccine?
Pets / 12:33 AM - Monday February 25, 2013

5 in 1 vs 7 in 1 canine vaccine?

What is the difference between them?,"5 in 1 vs 7 in 1 canine vaccine".I was told by my husbands friends wife's that all canine really need is one shot of either or? She didn't get to explain why, can someone clarify this for me???

- Asked by A Creative, Female, 22-25, Los Angeles, Other Profession

Go to your local feedstore and ask about Ivomectin for dogs. I used to go to vets and spend a fortune when I didn't have to.
Good Luck!

- Response by A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Houston, Consulting

The 5 in one is effective for five diseases...and covers the most important ones---including parvo and distemper....the 7 in 1 is effective for seven diseases ---both are one shot. Puppy shots are the 5 in one and most vets avoid the 7 in one use in puppies. If you are vaccinating an adult--either will do. You can find both shots at Tractor Suppy. Many vets now do not recommend yearly 'booster' vaccinations after the initial puppy series as they are not necessary---and in some cases can be harmful. Rabies is not included--you have to follow your local laws on that one.
Oh--and if you are vaccinating an adult that has had no shots-- they need TWO doses of either shot 3-4 weeks apart to be considered protected.

- Response by bobbysg1rl, A Cool Mom, Female, 66 or older

Is the man's wife a Vet? If she is not a Vet, call the ASCPA or Humane Society and ask them which one is the best way to go - or call your own Vet & ask them what they recommend.

- Response by familygal, A Thinker, Female, Who Cares?, Artist / Musician / Writer

Don't listen to her, listen to Vet. docj

- Response by 01docj10, A Guy Critical, Male, 56-65, St.Louis, Retired