Find a man to take care of you..?
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 2:05 PM - Tuesday February 12, 2013

Find a man to take care of you..?

My mom always says I should find myself a good man to take care of me.

Alot of women are waiting to find that rich man to take care of them. Well......

I don't find it fair that women marry and then stop working.

I don't think it fair that a man has had to hold two jobs or work overtime to provide for the family when the woman is able to work. The man is hardly home and they will grow apart.

Most women have college degrees and they throw it all away once they get married and have kids.

I think that if both individuals work one job they will have more time to spend with each other.

I understand the woman should raise the children but only to a certain age then she should return to work. Most single women do it why not a married woman?

And if they get divorced, the wife who did nothing but stay home will get the house and the hard working man gets nothing but more bills.

I refuse to stop working if I get married and let my husband carry the burden. I intend in being his partner and building our dream together.

End of rant...thank you for listening :)

- Asked by cinderella2006, An Alternative Girl, Female, Who Cares?, Who Cares?

I agree and disagree. I work and my husband works. We both have one job each. His job is his career. My job could be a career but I choose it to only be a job. My career is my husband, kids and house. Is his salary more than mine, absolutely. Could my salry be higher, sure. But again, I choose my family first.
this works for us and may not work for others.
Its individual families needs and preferences.

- Response by youngfuddyduddy, A Married Girl, Female, 46-55, New York, Who Cares?

oh, my princess, i do agree ith you about it not being fair for women to get married and stop their careers.
i think the man should take a hand in raising the children along with the woman. he should be able to get up in the middle of the night and change the smelly diagers and help his help meet out
WILL YOU MARRY ME? SERIOUSLY!

That's news to me. My Kelly legally had a 1-year maternity leave from work but went back after 6 months because (in her words) her mind was turning to mush.

It's totally up to the women and her family in my mind. Most don't have the choice.

Day care is expensive, luckily (and not) Kelly works shifts so we are bled dry on day care but it would be great to spend more time with her.

- Response by ilom, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 46-55, Halifax, Science / Engineering

I agree that all women should find a good man to take care of the women folk. But, I am not going to require the woman to quit her job and a stay at home woman.

This is something that is agreed upon with the marriage. There are many men who don't want their wife to work. It's not a matter of right or wrong.

- Response by candiedcherry01, A Hippie Chick, Female, 46-55

Your mom is right, but that man is also looking for a good woman to take care of him.... and his kids. We are to take care of each other in mutually agreed-upon ways. It's up to each couple to decide what works for them. If you have children, you may want to stay home and raise them for awhile but it's a really hard job, especially if it's done right. Taking care of a child or multiple children plus running the household? That is A LOT of work! In my estimation, if the woman is rasing the kids and does the domestics, she need no work outside the home unless she needs a break. And her husband should pitch in with childcare and some household things as well as do the yard work.

Now, staying at home and having no kids and just going to the gym and getting your nails done? Not a very equal partnership. But some men do want their women at home for a variety of reasons. It tends to mean that he doesn't have to lift a finger doing domestics and everything is done for him. It may also be insecurity, he wants her home instead of working and possibly meeting other men. I work PT and sometimes go to school but I do all domestics. My husband actually doesn't really like me to work because then I am not available to him all the time and everything isn't done and taken care of every day when he gets home.

- Response by beadcrazy, A Married Girl, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

I think what you really want is an equal partner who respects you and makes decisions with you, a teammate in all things. You want to contribute to your marriage equally and help support your family. That has nothing to do with being a stay-at-home mom.

I knew exactly one woman who stayed home with the baby while husband worked overtime. I didn't understand it. She explained to me that they are a team and came to this arrangement together, and that it is what's best for their family. There was no resentment between them. There was no distance. They had a healthy marriage and a happy family. It changed my opinion about what a healthy partnership really means.

- Response by cons22, An Alternative Girl, Female, 26-28, Seattle

Boy, your mom sounds like an old fashioned lady. No men these days want to take care of his wives. Plus if you marry rich you will not only have everything but will be a canary in a cage and his family's slave. Women like that mostly suffer from depression or have young lovers.
Your mom needs to rethink her theory.

- Response by ana325, A Career Woman, Female, 56-65, Other Profession

I think your basic premise is correct but your REASON for it is flawed a bit.

For very selfish reasons, the woman should never stop working. Truth is that most husbands will not be RICH. And, truth is also that it is very likely her husband, will at some point in time, leave her; whether by divorce or getting sick and dying.

Bottom line: She is left with the lifestyle they built TOGETHER and will NEED the income to continue living there. Whether alone or with children.

A woman should never give up her ability to provide for herself. that means having and maintaining her OWN credit AND having a vocation to go to, that will sustain her in tough times.

Most women I know are making more money and even working harder than their boyfriends. A lot of men won't even give a woman (well, an AMERICAN woman, that is) a chance if she hasn't got her degree and isn't making equal or more than he is. I've been told by 2 guys I didn't make enough - and one was collecting unemployment. Also, men are able to do this and not be labeled a gold-digger.

If a woman chooses to put aside her career to raise a family, I don't think there's anything wrong with that assuming the guy can support them all. Raising kids, and cleaning up after them constantly, while entertaining them isn't exactly a vacation nor is it *light* work. The trend now is single motherhood where the mom has to provide and they're lucky if they get child support.

Here's the thing - whatever the couple agrees on, that's the fair thing to do. Nobody should be dictating how couples live. If having traditional roles works for them, who cares? And if both are working and it's working for them -again, who cares? Not everybody's the same.

- Response by jillopo, An Alternative Girl, Female, 29-35, Dusseldorf, Other Profession

Agree. The perfect option for me was working PT so I could be home when my kids got home. You don't want to farm them out to some nanny or daycare, that is not in their best interests. They want Mommy, and you will want to be involved too once you know what it means to be a mother.
PS I applaud you for talking about MARRIAGE. Most girls your age live together, get knocked up, then wonder why the guy doesn't feel it necessary to marry

- Response by gloria55, A Career Woman, Female, 46-55, Los Angeles, Medical / Dental