Do women like to receive bras and panties from their male friends?
Sex & Intimacy / 12:40 PM - Friday December 28, 2012

Will they feel insulted when they receive female underwear from their male friends?

Or will they take it as a joke and laugh it off?

As long as it is the right size (or at least pretty close)I love it.

- Response by ethelb50, A Married Girl, Female, 56-65

It would depend on if you know them well enough to know their EXACT size, if they are in a relationship or not, and if you want them to assume you now have the hots for them. I would consider this a very personal gift that only a man who has been intimate w/ that woman should give. If another guy friend of mine bought me underwear, he would be a dead man.

- Response by nonnahsvd, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Financial / Banking

I think it's too personal a gift unless you are in a relationship with that person. I think if you give the gift, they will think you want something more.

- Response by azautumn, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Administrative

Eh personally, I wouldnt like it. Not that I would offended or upset, I just prefer to pick my own bras and underwear. I would feel a little awkward because I know expensive those things are. I like little things that say "this made me think of you"

- Response by aco57, A Thinker, Female, 22-25, Pittsburgh

** a dead man b/c I'm married and my husband would kill him

I wouldn't feel insulted but it would be awkward unless it is coming from a man I have been intimate with. Unless, you are more than friends I would suggest going with another gift.

- Response by poeticlove08, A Thinker, Female, 22-25, Student

It depends on the woman and the nature of the friendship, I know if any of my male friends brought me under wear I'd find it a little bit weird.

- Response by psychoticbabe1, A Thinker, Female, 26-28, Other Profession

No,they will think you're the Grand Poobah of Creepers. Chester the Molester 2012. Someone who is so detached from reality that they think they are being slick by giving the women lingerie that touch her ladybits like and can only be seen by a man she is sleeping with.

If she has a man he will be returning it to you after he kicks your ass in front of the whole village. If not then she'll just avoid you.

I'd ask him WTF he was playing at. He would've ruled out any chance he had for certain sure, because such a gift would immediately indicate his dishonourable intentions.

- Response by tabbycat1, An Alternative Girl, Female, 29-35, London, Internet / New Media

That my dear is a Vietnam you dont want to enter... you have to think of getting the size right, and even if you do, she will be mad that you do not thin,k she is smaller.. you have to think of the colours, red and black is so cheap, you need to think of the style, wincyette or brush nylon is never a good look.. and finally, they are going to wonder what is wrong with the underwear they normally wear and why you feel the need to change it.. is it not sexy enough, is it too old, does her bum look big

oh mate, enter a den with a lion in it instead..

- Response by rumloverreturns, A Married Girl, Female, 46-55, Glasgow, Other Profession

You just gave me the bestest idea ever. I'm gonna buy my lady friends the largest size underwear from Lane Bryant as gifts now. Can't wait to see their eyes!

- Response by kungfudewd, A Career Man, Male, 36-45, Who Cares?

Yes it is an insult. My wife considers bras and panties more as a gift to myself than to her.

- Response by cosmicdog0, A Guy Critical, Male, 56-65, Denver, Science / Engineering

It they are nice sets, I don't see that being a problem. Getting some Victoria's Secret sets, in different colors she doesn't have would be great. But, that's just my opinion. Every woman is different I guess. But, I can tell you, showing up with a pack of 6 for a dollar cheap panties or one cheap bra, probably wouldn't go over well. And, THAT type of thing might be considered a joke.

Ah, you're talking about male friends, not a boyfriend. I have to say, no. In that case, it's best to leave that type of thing to the woman. It would be considered a cheesy thing to do, and they'd probably think you were trying to give them a hint.

Yeah, they'll think it is a not so funny joke. And, you'd probably lose them as a friend. Because, you'd seem creepy. However, if this was a girlfriend or fwb, I stand by my earlier response.

it depends entirely on how close the male friend is. If it comes from a romantic partner or boyfriend, awesome. from a fuckbuddy, funny. creepy stalker mailboy, or anyone from work, I'm bringing sexual harassment charges. you have to decide where on that spectrum you fall, and decide how much you're willing to risk, because in the middle of that spectrum, you've got about half odds she's going to think it's really, really creepy.

- Response by 23rosess, A Hippie Chick, Female, 29-35, Medical / Dental

I don't know how women in general feel about such gifts but my wife likes panty and bra gifts from her male friends. Why not? What's the difference? She isn't going to put them on in front of them.

- Response by sugarfoot, A Rebel, Male, 29-35, Who Cares?

eew, nobody but my boyfriend can buy me underwear! male friends of mine know better, it would make things really awkward.

- Response by honesteve, A Creative, Female, 22-25