Did you know what sex was at the age of 6? did you get sexually aroused at that age?
Sex & Intimacy / 6:50 AM - Wednesday December 19, 2012

did you know what sex was at the age of 6? did you get sexually aroused at that age?

sorry for the weird questions but i'm trying to prove to a sick freak on here that most children have no idea what sex is until quite a bit older than that, and her questions is disturbing.

i dont care what anyone says, a 6 year old girl does not get sexually aroused and think about getting a dick, gross. nor, do they think about other people getting it on

sorry, what i mean is, this person claims that 6 year olds know exactly how to have sex

- Asked by beanielou, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Who Cares?

You can become aroused at age six. I have memories of playing on gym equipment in the kindergarten yard. They used to have Monkey Bars? I remember rocking on them because they felt good. I remember how a bicycle seat felt and how I would readjust myself to align things better.

However... there was no label attached to that in my mind and absolutely no association inside my head, that it was anything but another body function, like scratching an itch.

And, that is the way it is intended to be, until a child does KNOW exactly what is happening and understands the consequences.

Children are innocent. Lots of things feel good. That does not mean we allow adults to help them discover their potential when still BABIES.

I had some idea, and i saw a girl my age naked in a doctors office and found it very interesting.

- Response by wallvis, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 66 or older, Retired

At six, I knew how babies where babies came from and that was about it. I didn't know how or anything like. So my knowledge of sex was basically non-existant. I thought boys were icky and I didn't want to touch them so thinking getting some was a definite no.

However, there are six year olds that know about sex. There are some that may even try to have sex. That ISN'T normal. Usually that child has been abused or a careless parent has exposed them to sex.

- Response by poeticlove08, A Thinker, Female, 22-25, Student

If a six year old knows about sexual intercourse, I'd say she has been exposed to inappropriate things(Tv, movies, porn, acts) that a six year old should not have been. Yes..a girl can get aroused when rubbing on something...I used to hump my stuffed animals for the feeling...however--had NO clue about 'sex' at 6 yrs old.

- Response by bobbysg1rl, A Cool Mom, Female, 36-45

Sex no, but I was damn curious about the differences.

that isn't far fetched...saw a story where an eight year old boy was caught finger banging an eight year old girl...not saying there was any arousal but they were certainly curious, wouldn't ya say?

- Response by kramer, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 46-55, Who Cares?

They don't know unless they have been molested.Then they are well aware. That is your first sign the child has been touched.

No. I don't think I had any interest in where babies came from at the age either. Rosey

I had a rough idea: the question "Have you got a pencil or have you got a sharpener?" was frequently asked in the playground, usually to make fun of clueless girls who took it literally and therefore answered wrong (everyone had a literal pencil because school issued you with them, very few people had a literal sharpener because everybody on your table was always wanting to borrow the damn thing and they usually lost it). Once you knew that the question was actually about something completely unrelated to stationery, you had some clue what men and women were supposed to do with the parts in question, but of course at that age the idea made me sick.

- Response by tabbycat1, An Alternative Girl, Female, 29-35, London, Internet / New Media

i knew nothing about sex until i was about ten years old, but did not get interested in it until just before i got married.

no I had no idea. no sexual arousal at that age for me.

- Response by wakeforester, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 36-45

If careless parents allow small children to watch R-rated movies, that along with basic information of "where babies come from". Yeah, they know.

I also humped stuffed animals and stuck clicker ink pens up in there out of curiosity. I also leaned forward on bicycle seat to stimulate clitoris and kinda rock back and forth on it when I knew I wasn't being watched (in the garage).

I was allowed to watch the music documentary Great Balls of Fire as a small child (its about Jerry Lee Lewis) and it has a short SEX SCENE I was fascinated with!

i also enjoyed horror movies as a child, and we ALL KNOW how they like to show breasts and teenagers making out before all the gore and horror begins. I started watching R-rated horror films in Kindergarten. so, age 5-6. yep.
WITH PARENTAL SUPERVISION a lot of parents do allow kids to watch CERTAIN R-rated movies, they EXPLAIN what is going on and that it is for older adults to participate in.

- Response by discotrash, A Career Woman, Female, 29-35, Las Vegas, Other Profession

Kids watch Gremlins. It has sex/making out scenes that are probably too much for a 5-6 year old.

But if they love and can handle horror, why not Gremlins??

Not at all. I couldn't even pronounce the word "six" at that age let alone sex!

- Response by amy1022, A Career Woman, Female, 46-55, Teaching

I believe that very much depends on your upbringing. I don't recall things like that from when I was six, I have recollection of other things though.

I would suggest that some children are more aware of their sexuality than others. As a parent I find that frightening quite frankly. As for your reference to a "sick freak", we all have our own experiences. If you don't like the questions, just skip over them - she isn't harming you.

- Response by cam80, A Career Woman, Female, 29-35

No, I don't know what sex is when I six. But I do aroused with I see naked woman with big boobs and man doing it or make out when I like 4-10. I only know what sex or (fuck) is when I were 11 and that when I watch my grandfather's porno. Then I know what dick or cock is when I 15 though my classmates, and my mom..
To me, yeah it normal, it just mean the girl watching ALOT of shit on tv, movie, etc.

- Response by A Guy Critical, Male, 22-25