I think I'm falling in love with my boyfriend, should I tell him?
Dating / 12:37 PM - Sunday December 09, 2012

I'm a 31 y/o female and my boyfriend is 40. We've been dating for a couple of months now and I think I'm falling for him. I don't know if I should tell him or if I should wait for a while until I do. He's very sweet and expressive and affectionate. The other day he was telling me he thought I was too good to be true. I think he may be falling for me too. Do you think I should tell him or should I wait for him to tell me?

- Asked by A Sportif, Female, 29-35, Tampa, Who Cares?

I'd wait if I was you. I'm sure both of your feelings are very strong for one another. That line, "you're too good to be true" makes me wonder though...

Anyway, have you guys talked about your future at all? I would never tell a man I was in love with him without knowing we were going to be exclusive and in it for the long haul. Do you guys share similar values? Values are very important. Are there any mysteries with this man? Is he being transparent with you? Do you know his relationship history? I'm just asking all these questions because sometimes as women, we get so swept up in our emotions and the romance of things that we don't think to dive deeper into who the man *really* is. I made this horrible mistake a few years ago and got terribly hurt because we never discussed what we were looking for. He romanced the hell out of me and I could tell he was also falling for me, but he turned out to have major issues with commitment and his ex wife. Had I asked the right questions earlier on, I could have avoided the painful time it took me to get over his wuss ass :-).

- Response by nico76, A Creative, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?

I would advise that you wait a little bit longer, because if you say it too soon it can freak him out and he might pull away.

- Response by kaylou321, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 26-28, Administrative

One of the things that I've learned is that oftentimes when one person is waiting for the other to say "I love you" first, the other person is doing the exact same thing. Which leaves both feeling frustrated and questioning how the other person feels.

I would wait a short while to tell him that you love him, because you said that you yourself don't know. You said "I think I'm falling in love". Once you know you're falling in love, then tell him (it may just take a day or two of reflection or it may take a few weeks or a month).

- Response by hopefulromantic47, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 29-35, Teaching

As Seinfeld would say, "Are you confident with the "I Love You" Back ??,,otherwise,

"that's a pretty Big matzo Ball you got hanging out there"

:/

- Response by hedo2nj, A Player, Male, 36-45, Other Profession

You have been dating for a couple of months, but it doesn't appear you have read each other's eyes, minds and hearts at all.

You THINK you're falling for him in love of all things mutually true and none of which you've said; as a consequence, you don't know truthfully if you should tell him you love everything he is that you are equally or not because the opportunity has not presented itself on any of your dates where you equally have not seen in his eyes, mind and heart the same certain truth of him loving everything you are that he is.

The other day, he gives you the "You're too good to be true" line from no truth that you have seen or can believe no confirmation out of his mouth in what certainty you're too good, which again is why you don't how to react with this man of two months' dating that you've not interacted and bonded with in EVERYTHING too good to be true that every eyewitness is confirming in you two with certainty!

- Response by thedaimler2006, An Alternative Girl, Female, 56-65, Atlanta, Self-Employed

He might be waiting until you feel in love so tell him.

It sounds like he is getting there saying things like too good to be true but this is one of those things where it is good to hesitate a little cuz it is better to be a little too late bringing it up than too soon. Give it another few weeks or even a month or so and then if things are still going well think about doing it then.

- Response by aron77, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 36-45, Kansas City, Celebrity

Tie that dog up and train him.

If you are sure you really love him I think you should break the ice and tell him whats up. Then wait and see what his reply is,if it goes good you found your partner.. Good luck and I hope you hit a home run..

- Response by binkeyboy, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 66 or older

wait,
every guy that i have been with has told me when they were ready. i didnt tell them before hand and waited for them to say something.
guys need to find their own way with love. if you say it to soon they may wanna flee.

- Response by couchie666, A Thinker, Female, 26-28