Why does my boyfriend seem less interested then he used to be?
Dating / 5:13 PM - Wednesday November 28, 2012

Back story of why I am scared:
Before this relationship, I was in a relationship for 2 years. Everything was perfect until the last six months of the relationship where he seemed to gradually lose interest.. then, he broke up with me.
Actual problem:
I've been dating my boyfriend for three months as of yesterday. The first month we dated he was all over me. He would walk me to every class, want to hang out every day, he would always compliment me, he would want to always talk to me, basically he was very clingy but unlike most people, I loved it. It made me feel really loved and important. After that first month it seems like he is gradually losing interest. We'll hang out once every couple weeks when we used to hang out like twice a week. We talk once, for like an hour a day over text when we used to talk all day every day. We NEVER talk on the phone (well maybe once a week for 5 minutes) when we used to be able to talk for hours on the phone because he would tell me he loved hearing my voice. He won't even pause his video games for like 5 seconds to talk to me. It seems like he doesn't even love me anymore but when I try to talk to him about it, he says that's not the case and that he loves me. The other problem is that he sleeps like all day after school.. I've never dealt with a guy like this.. help? To male answerers, why do you think this is happening and what should I do? Girls can answer this too if they can help, but i prefer answers from guys because guys will probably know more about how a guy is acting.

- Asked by nani1996, A Creative, Female, Who Cares?

talk to him and find out if your fears are true or unfounded.
maybe he is trying to give you some breathing room and trying to be less clingy.

Because males in your age brackett aren't ready to be in long term committed relationships. There are so many women and so little time. They aren't going to stay with one for too long no matter how wonderful you are. It's just part of life. It's why you should not commit until your mid twenties if possible. That is closer to an ideal age of 29 which is that age that a long term relationship has the best chances of lasting....and even then more than 50% of long term committed relationships end.

- Response by joybird, A Hippie Chick, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

You're in denial it seems like he's lost interest because he's lost all interest in you, that's why he broke up with you.

- Response by afirecracker, A Thinker, Female, 29-35

3 months?? If he has 'lost interest' in that short amount of time....it's over. You're young--date around--have fun. Stop worrying over things like this. You sound like the high maintenance type---in the time dept. Meaning you need alot of time and attention---you probably burned him out. Learn to have a life and don't center it around a man. Then when you do find a guy you want to be with long term---you won't wear him out with your time demands.

- Response by bobbysg1rl, A Cool Mom, Female, 66 or older

At best he is now taking your for granted. At worse he is fading out. The exciting honeymoon period for him is over and his interest is diminishing. I imagine this is more common for younger guys.

- Response by mld1221, A Career Man, Male, 46-55, Los Angeles, Managerial

I hear that you want to wrap your brain around this and understand why he's like this so that you can change him or change yourself so you can get the love you want and deserve.

But you can't.

So understanding is irrelevant.

If you are being treated the way you want, great. If you aren't then spend less time with him.

Good luck and God bless

- Response by kravjar666, A Father Figure, Male, 46-55, Los Angeles, Consulting