They say if you don't vote, you can't complain....
Race, Religion & Politics / 4:05 PM - Wednesday October 31, 2012

But that statement is rendered invalid if your candidate doesn't win, so what's the point? Are you or anyone you know NOT going to vote this election?

Honestly, I'm leaning towards not. Politics sucks, and I don't feel convinced by either candidate. Obama did keep a few promises, but it's been really slow going........

- Asked by wudaddy, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 29-35, Dallas, Law Enforcement

There is nothing wrong with not voting. I vote, usually third party, but I do it more of a symbolic gesture than anything. People who don't support any candidate have as much right to complain as everyone else.

George Carlin once said that only those who DID vote had no right to complain, and he put it very well.

The odds that your vote will even matter are extremely miniscule. And there's practically no difference between Obama or Romney.

If you don't want to vote, don't. Don't let robotic followers of civil religion give you any shit about it.

- Response by jophus, A Rebel, Male, 29-35, Artist / Musician / Writer

It seems as though now people vote to keep the worst one out of office.

- Response by pepperman46, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 46-55

I know some people who aren't voting because they say both candidate suck. I always thought it was silly to say people who don't vote can't complain. People who don't vote have just as much right to complain as voters unless you're some place like China where you can't criticize the government.

- Response by lumine, A Player, Male, 18-21, Other Profession

The point of that statement is that it's not about whether your candidate looks like he or she is going to win or not, it's about caring enough and making the effort to get out and voice your opinion, regardless of what the outcome is. Basically, if you're so apathetic that you're not going to case a vote because you don't see things swinging your way, then when it's all over, you should continue to be just that apathetic and not complain. That is the point of the statement.

- Response by diznykd, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Lawyer

That is also invalid if your canduidate is not on thhe ballot. In that case, not voting is showing your beliefs.

If neither is worth voting for, then don't vote. Better yet, vote for the Libertarian candidate.

- Response by lyon, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 46-55, Boston, Self-Employed

i voted already. True if your candidate loses your vote is wasted but you used your voice and your right to vote. POTUS has done several things to make this country better. But really you can't expect a person who walks into a big pile of crap to clean the crap up right away. it took at least 8 years to get us in the mess we are in and it's gonna take at least 8 to break the ice.

I voted so the worse guy doesn't get in.