How do I get rid of the taste of smoke before kissing my boyfriend?
Family & Parenting / 1:28 PM - Saturday October 27, 2012

I'm a smoker and my boyfriend is a nonsmoker, he gets annoyed of the taste of smoke when we kiss and he's allergic to it that he could get a sinus infection. So how do I avoid that taste of smoke in my saliva?

I had the same problem with my late beloved partner. Unfortunately you will have that smell in your hair, on your clothes, and in your house and car. The only way to stop that smell is to stop smoking, period.

- Response by iluv2buhgirl, A Hippie Chick, Female, 56-65, Retired

Well... you could quit smoking, but you already know that.

The smell/taste of cigarette smoke is really disgusting to a non-smoker. I used to smoke, and now that I don't, I can't stand the smell of cigarettes on other people. It's gross.

Have you tried any of the electronic cigarettes? They work great, and since there's no actual smoke, there's no smell in the air, or on you, or any kind of residue in your mouth.

Otherwise, all you can do is brush your teeth and use mouthwash every single time you have a cigarette. But I'd vote for one of my first two suggestions.

Stop smoking. I used to date a smoker and kissing him was like kissing an ashtray......
Ewww.

- Response by bobbysg1rl, A Cool Mom, Female, 36-45

switch to vaping. no bad breath no yellow teeth- and the stuff if flavored so it wont creep him out.
best one on the market (and i have used them all) ego T with the clearomizer

- Response by mortishia99, A Thinker, Female, 56-65, Medical / Dental

Quit smoking.

Those cancer sticks are a nasty habit.

mouth wash or flavored gum

Wow, I just came upstaires from being at my neighbor's for five minutes and I reek!! I used to smoke but haven't done that nasty for over five years now...I never knew how awful it was.....yuk. Use mouthwash before kissing.

I,ve just given up smoking after 30 years , been 7 weeks now . I still love the smell of them but not the stale smell , try to give up its not easy but you,ll feel better for it and ya won,t smell. :-)

- Response by rooster73, A Life of the Party, Male, 46-55, Sydney, Transportation

I am a smoker and have to wonder why any smoker would be willing to date a non smoker and put up with them

I am a N.S and have dated smokers. Gross!! It is a disgusting, dirty, stinky-mouth habit. Girl, just QUIT!!!
I am a health care provider; If you want to poison your lungs, have dry wrinkly skin, and an ugly hoarse manly voice later on, find a smoker and do not have kids.
Don't be WEAK, be STRONG, you can quit, and do something healthy, 20 push-ups or run 3 miles instead of toking on that trash.

- Response by A Career Woman, Female, 46-55, Los Angeles, Medical / Dental

Stop smoking the disgusting things. It'll make you look older before your time and no one will think you're as attractive when you smoke

- Response by patresi, An Intellectual Guy, Male, Who Cares?, Who Cares?

I agree with bigcurt hehe. And yeah I'm a smoker too, and my bf is a non smoker...
I don't like dating people that don't smoke or drink ( this one's a first for me ), cause most of them are like this, and I really don't want someone telling me what to do, or judging me, or hearing them whine all the time...

Ok these are a few things I can suggest if brushing your teeth or using mouthwash isn't possible. I chew a lot of gum, and take breath mints sometimes. Just get used to chewing gum after you smoke or even during, or eat some fruit like apples and such, those help, or candy, sweets etc. What else I do is ALWAYS have a drink + water with my smoke that also diminishes the smell and taste a bit. Or how about you eat some garlic before you kiss him, maybe he'll like that better ;)

Good luck and hope things work out for you.

- Response by anneei, A Thinker, Female, 26-28, Who Cares?

Stop smoking. It's bad for you anyway and it would make your boyfriend happy.

- Response by A Sweet Sarah, Female, 56-65, Who Cares?

STOP SMOKING!

- Response by pinkskittles722, A Sportif, Female, 18-21, Fitness

Stop smoking! DUHH.

Regardless of the rather fetid STANK all smokers get all over their hair/clothes/skin/etc, nobody wants to be an audience for somebody else's slow suicide.

- Response by A Player, Female, 26-28, Who Cares?

Get your boyfriend to start smoking and he'll stop complaining.

- Response by lumine, A Player, Male, 18-21, Other Profession

Out of 7 kids in my Mom's family, THREE are dead, all smokers. the other's live on into their 70's and 80's +. My gorgeous cousin in Greece, dead at 61, smoker. It is the quickest killer, next is high blood pressure and high blood sugar.

- Response by travelchic, A Creative, Female, 29-35, Self-Employed

Obviously you know you should quit. My boyfriend smokes and I HATE it...but he's a very courteous smoker, and brushes his teeth after he has one before he kisses me. He's bald, so having the smell in his hair is not an issue. Be prepared though, that for many non smokers this IS a deal breaker.

- Response by walldancer, A Life of the Party, Female, 29-35, Vancouver, Medical / Dental

If your boyfriend is allergic to the smoke, then simply getting rid of the taste isn't enough, you need to get rid of the particles of smoke themselves. And the only way to truly get rid of the smoke is to stop smoking.

- Response by hopefulromantic47, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 29-35, Teaching

Wait until after your sex to have that cigarette.

stop smoking.. sorry thats a massive deal beaker for me.. I would NEVER date a smoker, it is a a gross habit and it affects others.. also its not very attractive especially with a woman