Why do pregnant women get lazy?
Career / 1:08 PM - Wednesday October 17, 2012

why do pregnant women get lazy?

I've had to deal with pregnant women at work and they are lazy. Lazier than usual, pregnant women don't want to do work, they take a hundred bathroom breaks. And people wonder why women only make 72% of what men make? If you ask me, that's being generous since women only do 50% of the work men do, and that drops to 20% when they get pregnant.

In a way I agree with you. Women take more time off work because family is their main priority unlike men who must put work first to provide for the family.

On the other hand I am not a mother. I love my job and care very much for the company. I have been at my company for 11 yrs. I was very furious when they hired a man to fill a position I am very well qualified for.

Our society is no longer a "man's" world. Women have the same opportunities if they have the skills. Yet there are jobs dominated more by men where a woman will not feel comfortable in without crying discriminatnion.

- Response by cinderella2006, An Alternative Girl, Female, Who Cares?, Who Cares?

First off, you are an asshole.

Second, pregnant women are tired because dramatic changes in hormones levels, particularly progesterone, cause fatigue. Keep in mind, too, that because the developing baby is putting pressure on their bladder, they constantly are using the restroom - this happens at night, too, so they probably sleeping a little less soundly than normal. They're bodies are creating a human being, give them a break.

Women are paid less because men are assholes who do not value women equally. I am a hardworking woman and Im sure I work harder everyday at my job than most men OR women. That vast majority of people are lazy - MEN INCLUDED. Stop generalizing, stop being an ass, and grow up.

- Response by Female, 29-35, San Francisco

Wow. Sorry that a woman got the promotion that you wanted, but that's no reason to be bitter.

Why don't you go tell your mom what a slacker she was for having you?

Stop being bitter that the woman got your promotion and gets paid more than you; even if she is pregnant. It's not her fault she's smarter and better at her job than you.

I was at the peak of my energy levels during each of my pregnancy.
Now, near the time of the baby's birth, the expecting mother might need to visit the ladies room more, for the baby is pressing harder on her uterus.

LOl...yikes. Come here darlin....let me teach you a few things.
BaaaHaaHaaaaaaa

- Response by bobbysg1rl, A Cool Mom, Female, 66 or older

LOl, arent you an ass. So I'm assuming the women in your office are advancing in your work place and its easier for you to blame them then to blame your work performance. your mother would be so proud

- Response by youngfuddyduddy, A Married Girl, Female, 36-45, New York, Who Cares?

Now you've done it!

- Response by candiedcherry01, A Hippie Chick, Female, 46-55

No problem. Attach a bowling ball to you waist ( Make sure you put it on your bladder and push in hard. Also somehow it has to put pressure on your longs, so you can not breath) Inject yourself with some nasty hormones that does god knows what to you. Give blood every day to feed another person. Take tons of salt, so your body swells like a baloon. take something to make you throw up all the time. Add to that high blood pressure and Diabetis. NOW go to work and do a perfect job. Good luck.

- Response by pisic, A Career Woman, Female, 36-45, Medical / Dental

Hahaha, you're funny! I used to think just like you, except my focus on pregnant woman were they could not stop talking about being pregnant. They would rub their bellies in front of everyone and I thought it was inappropriate.

Although any job I ever had, the pregnant woman run themselves to the ground. They work long hours, which is hard for a pregnant woman who is always tired and they don't get to graze all day long (Which is what they want to do). I don't know where you work but most pregnant woman I see in my state aren't like that.

- Response by A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Artist / Musician / Writer

Lazy? You have no clue how it is to be pregnant. When a woman is pregnant they are carrying another being inside of their body which is added weight. This makes them slow down. This being inside of them happens to lay on their bladder as it grows hence lots of going to the bathroom. Why don't you show this post to the women in your life and see how they react to it...

- Response by cocoacurevelous, A Hip Hop Girl, Female, 46-55, Administrative

You obviously have never been pregnant - it's so easy for a man to criticize when he is not the one who has to deal with all the changes, both physical and emotional, that are caused by a pregnancy.

Imagine a dwarf attached at your hip taking all the nutrients from the food you eat then pushing on your abdomen all the time . gotta piss and don't need your permission !

- Response by headscratching, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 46-55, Science / Engineering

Pregnant women are mostly tired, it's not their fault. I am sure that they would want to do good work, but they just cant. They should only work part time. Women should be protected and pampered, and not do as much as men. Look how much of other stuff we do at home and with kids ! We are the one caring for future generations and that's a chore.

- Response by ana325, A Career Woman, Female, 56-65, Vancouver, Other Profession

Pregnant women aren't lazy, they're incredibly tired from carrying around an unborn baby. The only way I could explain it, so people could understand is that, it felt like I had a ball and chain on my leg that I needed to drag everywhere. As the pregnancy got closer to birth, the ball and chain got heavier and heavier. Also, this was just me, but my baby weighed almost 11 pounds, so you add that with the placenta weight, blood, and extra pounds a woman gains, especially during her first pregnancy, and you've got a woman who not only has a ball and chain, but about 60 extra pounds added to her body! That, among other things is why women get tired. It's tough to call a woman lazy during their pregnancy.. Did you know some women have to stay in bed for the duration of their pregnancy, and their husband has to do everything.. I think the condition is called something like Placenta Prevera, and it's very serious.

- Response by suzyscorp, A Trendsetter, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

Quasi mother's thirst for knowledge is very important ,somebody thinks, pregnancy had become lazy is pregnant women characteristics, don't tube, let it go. Actually, this is a big fear of the doctrine of prenatal education. Fetal able to perceive quasi mother's thoughts. If the expectant mothers during pregnancy can always maintain strong thirst for knowledge, it will make the fetus constantly to stimuli, and promote the development of brain nerve and cells. Conversely, if the expectant mothers in pregnancy is no thinking, no study, the fetus will deeply infection, become lazy up, this regarding the fetal brain development is very adverse. Therefore, expectant mothers after pregnancy from ourselves, in the life watch, is industrious at one's brains, the see, hear things through the visual and auditory transfer to the fetus, At work positive enterprising, the courage to explore, and strive to create a first-class performance.

- Response by skycap17, A Trendsetter, Female, 22-25, Sydney

Troll post #37...

- Response by pinkskittles722, A Sportif, Female, 18-21, Fitness

Hahahahaha thanks for the laugh

Christ, you're an asshole.

- Response by myrtletyrtle, A Cool Mom, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

get a life

- Response by A Thinker, Female, 36-45, St.Louis, Other Profession

Here's your great big spoon. Go stir the pot elsewhere.

- Response by mistyjean, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Self-Employed

Wow! Really? What job type are you talking about? People like you are 90% of the reason women think men are assholes!

- Response by pjd1701, A Guy Critical, Male, 29-35