If the condoms i found exspire in 2016 when were they bought?
Sex & Intimacy / 3:28 PM - Tuesday June 05, 2012

I found a box of 3 pack condoms in my boyfriend drawer he claims he don't know but, I know he does we've been dating since 09 && broke for a month and still aretogether today, weve never used a condom && idk why he would of even bought them, && theres one missing it doesnt make since && i know he's not "jacking off " with a condom on, i would just like to know what you all would think, cause i just don't no he says he hasnt slept with anyother chick besides me since we've been dating i trust him and everything but find this just ruubed me the wrong way.

Update: June 12, 2012.
Thank you, Im not worried about it now, Just gonna sit back && if he's cheating he'll slip up again, if he's not then i don't know why he'd have condom's but whatever.

Update: June 12, 2012.
Uh, i live with him it was my dresser? I wasent snooping, i was cleaning the dresser out.

I think he should dump your ass......

- Response by stanorocks, A Guy Critical, Male, 36-45, Denver, Therapist

Go to a pharmacy and look at a box of condoms for the expiration date

- Response by youngfuddyduddy, A Married Girl, Female, 36-45, New York, Who Cares?

Lubed have a 5 year life, non-lubed 3 years from Mfr...

But if you've got to check the date on condoms when you don't use them in a committed relationship, there is more going on here than just a calendar check can fix...

Sorry...

- Response by siouxzen, A Creative, Female, Who Cares?, Los Angeles, Self-Employed

There's no way to tell when they were bought, only when they were manufactured.

I hope that you can trust your boyfriend not to cheat on you, but the good news is that even if he was with someone else during your long-ago "break" he was being careful.

If you don't trust him, suggest that you both get tested and until the results for both of you come back don't have unprotected sex with him (you may have to buy a bigger box of condoms... and lube with spermicide). Someone else might have left the condoms in his drawer as a joke, but either way this is a good opportunity to get tested, especially since as you said you've never used protection during sex with your guy.

Good luck, and be strong.

- Response by newyorker80, A Creative, Female, 29-35

i have a box of trojans and i carry three or four in my billfold in case they are needed and so i do not become a father.

- Response by A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 36-45, Other Profession

yeah he is a cheater. duh. its right in front of you. you see it. open your eyes. dump him. you arent being paranoid at all!

- Response by A Player, Female, Who Cares?

He may have indeed bought and used them during your break up in 09, however that would make them 3 yrs old and inply a 7 yr expiration date, not likely. They seem new, and if you are back together and you and he DON'T use them for birth control, why has he kept them? You will never know the answer to this, but keep your eyes and ears open, my senses would tell me (if it were me) he is a cheater, 0 tolerance, but it ain;t me.

- Response by nysbikergirl, An Alternative Girl, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

maybe he was just hoping to sleep with someone but never did

Unless he's given you a reason to worry, don't.

I used to have a box of condoms in my dorm room, just in case. I wasn't sleeping with anyone until I moved into a different apartment, but they were free at the student clinic and I used to give them to my roommates when they had late night emergencies...

For all you know, he got one too many knocks on his door asking for condoms at midnight, so he thought he'd be prepared and help his buddies to protect themselves.

Just ask him if you're really worried.

- Response by milla, A Thinker, Female, 36-45

If the condoms don't expire until 2016 they are pratically brand new. I guess it's up to you, trust your gut, has he given you any reason other than a missing condom to not trust him? I think you need more evidence before you make a decision. Leave the condoms in place and if anymore come up missing you have a case against him, but you should not tell him you were snooping through his stuff, there are all kind of ways he could have come into possesion of these condoms and they do not mean he had sex with someone.

- Response by hardbull, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 46-55, San Francisco, Financial / Banking

Last Year, I believe.

2018 ones were bought in 2012.

2016 ones were bought in 2011.

- Response by discotrash, A Career Woman, Female, 29-35, Las Vegas, Other Profession

gracious, you are paranoid.
believe them...only he has the answer to the missing condom.

Why were you digging around in his drawers in the first place?

Do you also go through his phone and question all his calls and texts?

Do you open his mail and questions each piece of correspondence?

Do you go through his wallet and make sure he accounts for every nickle and dime?

You are causing your own problems. Don't snoop where you don't belong and you won't find shit you shouldn't.

*sigh*

You say you trust him, but you don't. Because if you did, you wouldn't be asking a bunch of strangers on the internet to help you determine when he bought a package of condoms. And you wouldn't have been snooping around in his stuff in the first place.

I could tell you that there's a magical, numbered code on the side of the box of condoms which not only tells you the date of purchase, but also tells you what happened to the missing condom... as well as what's going to happen to the remaining two! Wouldn't that be cool? But it wouldn't matter.

Please seek therapy and deal with the root of your obvious insecurity. Or the only expiration date you'll have to worry about is that of your relationship.

I'm guessing you're a royal pain in the ass to him ,always making up something out of nothing . you'll be history and it's not his fault !

- Response by headscratching, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 46-55, Science / Engineering