Women can pretty much get sex anytime, anywhere
Sex & Intimacy / 9:48 AM - Saturday June 02, 2012

So as far as the whole FWB thing, what is really in it for a woman?

But then again, I am more relationship oriented and not really into hookups. My boyfriend's 19 year old sister has a FWB. She doesn't want a relationship, I get that. So with that being the case, why not just go out and get a little when you want it? She's had this FWB for two years. If you don't want to be in a relationship, why would you resign yourself to being someone's long term booty call when you can get sex anywhere?

Also, for those of you who have lived longer than my 20 years, is it always this way for most women (that they can get sex pretty much anywhere) or is that only true for younger women? My boyfriend's sister says she can never see herself in a relationship, much less ever getting married. So I wonder how this is likely to work out for her when she's older. When women hit 40, can they still get sex anytime and anywhere they want it? Or would the FWB maybe make more sense then?

- Asked by A Sportif, Female, 22-25, Who Cares?

A woman that desires a FWB simply want to friendship, companionship, sex, and no commitment to an exclusive relationship. She can see her "friend" whenever she want to, and not deal with him when she doesn't. She's free to date any man that she meet. And, can have multiple FWB's if she want to. Some are FWB, but have an agreement to let each other know when they are desiring to have sex with another person. That's what's in it for her. It's the same thing that is in it for men.

Just because you want a FWB, doesn't mean you want to screw anybody or strangers that you don't know.

Because, there are some feelings of respect, love, and friendship there. You can have those and not be "in love" or in a committed relationship. People love their friends too. It's not the same as meeting a stranger and saying, "Hey, want to f*ck?" It's more than that. Now, there are f*ck buddies. Those merely get together for sex. They don't have to be friends or anything else.

If you're the one desiring a FWB relationship, you do not "resign" yourself to being a booty call. That is more like a f*ck buddy. FWB are actually friends that enjoy each other. It's more than just a booty call. It's a non-committed relationship. You do care about each other just like friends. There is sexual attraction there. It's not like you're just waiting for a phone call from some guy to come over and have sex with you, while you're hoping it's something more than that.

Because, this is your decision. It isn't really about the guy. I understand not desiring to be in a FWB relationship. It was fine with me at one time too. But, not now. Now, I actually desire a relationship. As an older woman I can tell you, yes. It's just as easy for us to get sex. No, it isn't true that it's only younger women. People can change their mind. But, your sister might truly mean what she's saying.

If so, she'll be an older woman who enjoys a relationship with no commitment or exclusivity. She'll enjoy her freedom. But, have no responsibility to be a wife to a husband. There are a ton of young people who are fwb's and don't know it. And, there are tons of older people enjoying great marriages. There are those who don't want to marry.

You can have children without marriage. Many do it everyday. For some older people being FWB might work, and for some it might not. I don't believe it's any harder for older woman than anyone else. Unless, you've allowed yourself to go and you are unattractive. Then, it might be harder for you to have any type of relationship. Some young people believe it make more sense.

Look at the ages of those on here always asking questions about if the guy is ever going to marry them. These women relationships are not that different from a fwb. In the end, age has nothing to do with what type of relationship you personally are desiring or happy in. It's all about what the individual person want. A lot of people don't desire that type of relationship. And, that's cool too. To each their own. It's all about what makes you happy. Why worry about what makes someone else happy? IJS

If a woman can get sex anytime, anywhere, and hop into bed with just about anyone, isn't that classified as being a **S**L**U**T**???? Chances are...they'll catch an STD, or something they cannot ever get rid off, and by the time they figure out they have something, it's spread around to so many others, you can't remember who got what when....and when you have to inform all of them, of a possible disease you contacted, wouldn't it funny as shit, if some of the men are also husbands, and their wives are infected also???? Holy Shit Batman!!! What AN STD Spreading Wildfire This Would Create!!!

Anyway....it's best to keep one FWB, so you'll know who it is, in case the STD demons do attack and attach itself....

Just a thought, to put under your cap, Miss Sex Anytime/Anywhere....

- Response by richard77, A Jock, Male, Who Cares?, Self-Employed

My wife has two fwb's and she's 61 now. She's been fucking them for years, mostly in threesomes with me. Reason for a friend with benefits instead of a pickup? Diseases, weirdos etc. If you like a variety in your sex life, it's easier and safer with the devil you know.

- Response by hnimsoc, A Creative, Male, 56-65, Edmonton, Retired

Yes... Most Women are psychic.
THEY KNOW if I'm getting laid.

- Response by mikegeeboyd, A Life of the Party, Male, 46-55, Artist / Musician / Writer

I will be 39 in a week and good grief it all works the same as it did 20 years ago - better/ I know what I want and how to handle it.
As for FWB - I have had one for 7 years....
I have my own life and he has kids he needs to keep top priority.
We don't live in the same city
We enjoy the moments we have but I don't want a commitment.
I was married and raised my child now it is my car and my house and I love it

- Response by sweetshyfree1, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Other Profession

Catch Genital warts (which isn't always covered by a condom as it can be in places the bodies touch and spread) and you would understand. Get pregnant DESPITE a condom and birth control and you'll understand.

Only stupid slutty girls are willing to bang anyone anywhere anytime. And while FWB isn't the smartestest idea (generally someone ends up with feelings) its far far better than putting yourself at risk for diseases.

As far as your boyfriends sister she is a kid of course she doesn't see herself married or anything.

I am married with children. My now husband was supposed to be a FWB. That is all my intentions of him were. We have been together for a decade. And I am pretty happy with it.

- Response by bellabyrdie, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Who Cares?

So what does this opinion you have say about your general opinion of men? Sure seems to be pretty low and quite negative. And you know what? I whole heartedly disagree, even with your star answer woman above who is quite clueless actually. It's all fine and dandy to lash out at men like this and finger point but you are doing not only yourself, but all the people in your life a great disservice... Nothing is going to set you up for a life of sadness than assigning blame and pointing fingers at everyone else instead of making that effort to improve your outlook and your life in general. Anyone can find sex anywhere if they want it bad enough and with whatever. But it's hollow, not for the heart and destroys a soul. It's that simple. If you want real connection and commitment and love then you make different choices.

In life we seek out, find, and surround ourselves with like-minded individuals so our own biases, and thoughts are confirmed and re-inforced... heck.. even on here people star and jump cartwheels to "fit in" or find someone who agrees with their world view or point of view so that they don't feel alone... but therein lies the issue... if all you are looking for is someone to agree with you and reinforce and negative view then how do you expect to grow and blossom as a human being? Part of what's cool with this place is you can test your theories or thoughts, maybe even your heart, and throw it out there to see what perspectives may be had... it can help you gain perspective or even change your mind a bit... but to just find a few that agree with a rather negative perspective and then perpectuate a harsh outlook?
You, or she, may have run into oafs that just wanna a hump a leg like a dog, but that's not all men... that's like saying all women are sluts and then looking for verification... that's just not true..... blanket statements condemning something in its entirety is simple and foolish, uneducated and rash, juvenile and vain.... but you run into that here often and it just reinforces my view that some people become a bit of a lost cause... sometimes it's experience, sometimes it's reflection, sometimes it's a come to Jesus moment... sometimes it's never... that people will gain that new view/new lease on life when they can see things anew and truly "see" what's up... do you "see"?

I really wish you well and your bf sister as well.. but to grow and learn and inspire and feel and love and live... takes effort... being static is easy but to work towards becoming more enlightened in life.. does that seem to be a noble effort?

I'd challenge you to go to school, learn, educate, and challenge your views in places that disagree with you so you can gain perspective. Disagreements are great if the ultimate goal is perspective... Best I got at the moment... good luck.

- Response by timeforanoverhaul, A Father Figure, Male, 36-45, Managerial

Most people aren't comfortable having sex with random people constantly. Sure there are exceptions, but for the most part you feel more comfortable if you at least know the person you're having sex with at some level beyond just a complete stranger you picked up at the bar. That's the point to the FWB. You know it's not monogamous but you have at least some idea of who this person is and what they're activities are.

For most people FWB relationships is just a faze. For some longer than others. For the most part once you get into your 30's man or woman you're ready to get more out of a relationship than just sex.

- Response by 2thpick, A Jock, Male, 36-45, Technical

It's always good to have someone you're attracted to. I won't say that I can get laid any time I want, but I don't have too much trouble finding it when I'm needing it. However, having someone who is good in bed and attractive and into the same stuff you are, makes it worth keeping them around.

FWB situations happen when two people aren't relationship material (i.e. they just had a breakup, etc), but they need sex. Usually they last a short while until one or both of the people start dating seriously again.

- Response by mbrando33, A Guy Critical, Male, 36-45, Los Angeles, Teaching

fwb for a woman is to have her sexual desires met while not getting emotionally involved.

most people like a routine with one person even if it is not in a relationship compared to doing multitudes of people