Boyfriend's roommate is his EX girlfriend, are they rekindling things ?
Dating / 12:10 PM - Wednesday May 30, 2012

boyfriend's roommate is his EX girlfriend, are they rekindling things ?

my boyfriend of 3 months lives with ex girlfriend.
they dated for a year and a half and she moved into his house 10 months ago.
they broke up 3 months later. just before they broke up she lost her job
she couldn't find a place to live and moved into his spare bedroom.
he says didnt her pay her share of rent back (towards mortgage) until she got a job.
apparently he takes 60% of her paychecks right now to make up difference. so it has seemed like a straightforward roommate situation.

anyway my boyfriend and i seem to have a great relationship until recently.

i have met his ex gf a few times over last 3 months.
she seemed pretty, polite and not that evil.
anyway, i noticed that she gotten a lot skinnier and looks really gorgeous now (ugh)
i mentioned it to my boyfriend he commented how yes she finally looks smoking hot and its too bad she didn't get her health problem fixed while they were dating ...He explained she had a thyroid problem and it made dating hard because she always covering up her body.
His tone of voice sounded bitter when he called her smoking hot.
i ASKED him if he is suddenly attracted to her again.
He said he wasn't physically attracted to her while dating and that her personality was what kept him in relationship.
I got even more upset with this answer and told him well that is bad because now she has great looks a good personality it seems to me.
He told me relax and not worry. He said when they broke up that he told her she wasnt as attractive as she thought she was and that her face wasn't anything special and that she was lucky she is super photogenic (i guess implying she isn't as looking in person) . He said she moved on after that and has treated him like a brother ever since.
But again, that DIDN'T make me feel better. SOOOO if she wasn't hurt by his mean remarks, he would still have a chance ?

i know this makes my bf sound superficial, but he can be really sweet, fun, affectionate, smart.
he is educated , handsome and family oriented.

but it feels like he has renewed feelings for his "smoking hot" ex gf roommate and i don't know what to do.

- Asked by A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Self-Employed

Yes, he still has a chance. She turned to him for help, she is living at his place. She does not hate him, not at all.

so your insecure... stop it its not attractive.

- Response by j3s5e, A Rebel, Male, 29-35, Who Cares?

I couldn't deal with this. Call me insecure, but it would be really tough to have my boyfriend live with a girl as a roommate at all. I mean there isn't much you can do about it, but really who is to say they won't end up rekindling something one random night? Be careful

even if they are having sex it is doubtful they will get back together so i think u are secure

befriend her. :D it works amazingly

- Response by mortishia99, A Thinker, Female, 56-65, Medical / Dental

RUN!!! Oh my God, just the fact that he speaks so horribly about her is enough reason to leave him! One, anyone who says that shit to a woman is a complete TOOL. Two, if he was totally over her, he wouldn't have so much to say about her, or so much anger towards her. The opposite of love isn't hate it's apathy. Also, what would happen with you two if YOU got sick and gained weight, or got scars from surgery, or whatever? I guarantee you this guy will be of no comfort to you you then. Ugh, good luck.

- Response by A Creative, Female, 26-28, Los Angeles, Food Service