Thank you for your many years of support. We want to share the news with you that after much consideration, will cease operations in its present format on October 15th. We appreciate your meaningful contributions over the years.
Back to Home

Active Questions

Vaginal Itching after unprotected sex
Sex & Intimacy / 1:00 PM - Monday May 07, 2012

Vaginal Itching after unprotected sex

This happened once before with a different sex partner - afterwards I felt itchy and kind of smelly so I went to the gynecologist because I thought I had bacterial vaginosis. She said I looked fine though, and said the test results came back showing a normal amount of bacteria and smell. She gave me antibiotics anyway though, because she said if I felt like something was wrong, it probably was. She also tested me for chlamydia and that was negative too.
Now after this new sex partner, I have been feeling itchy. I think I might smell a little bit, but its less than last time, I think, so it would probably still be normal and its not a yeasty smell at all. The itching isn't very intense but enough to be bothersome and I look a bit red and inflamed. Is this bacterial vaginosis? Or what could be causing these symptoms?

- Asked by Female, 22-25

Read more about the Rating System

To be honest, I think it sounds like you have been fucked.

Fucking is very hard on delicate tissues around and in your vagina. It causes redness and swelling, especially if you did it with some force and he had a larger penis. Seriously, fucking is very hard on your body.

And, the whole process puts foreign substances into your body. If you used condoms, it is latex. A lot of women have a latex allergic responses to latex. If you didn't use a condom, you are full of his sperm and you body thinks it is an invader, much like any other infection and tries to eliminate it. Even stuff on his hands when he put a finger in you can trigger some of this.

So, me, a non doctor, thinks that what you have is the normal for you reaction to being fucked. It will probably go away once you get used to him, your body starts to think it is normal or at least deals with it in a better fashion.

Or, as another person said, it might be a STD that is not yet detectable. Get checked in a few more weeks.

Good luck

- Response by welloone, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 66 or older, Retired

Rating Received:

The symptoms you've listed sound a lot like an allergic reaction. If the guys you've had intercourse with used condoms, you may be allergic to latex. I'm surprised that your OB/Gyn didn't ask /talk to you about it!

Some women are allergic to an element of men's ejaculant ("cum") - my own sister-in-law has this problem!

My advice to you is: talk to your doctor again and ask him/her about latex allergies. Also, you can look up the number for Planned Parenthood & make an appointment. They are medical professionals - an excellent source of info about birth control, every STD that exists, and "there's no such thing as a 'stupid' question" when it comes to gyn / sexual activity. They are kind-hearted and treat you with warmth & kindness.
ijs .....

- Response by familygal, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?

Rating Received:

Well I just got back from the doctor, I didn't have those symptoms but I needed information on it...long story. Anyways, your doctor should have informed you that for some stds...the ones you speak of takes 4-6 weeks to get in your system. For others 4-6 months. So it's not as easy as I hooked up with creepy guy last night that failed to inform me his main course is I diseased too? It sounds like you've got the clap. From what my doctor said, which surprised me bc I read that that doesn't always have side effects, but not so according to the doctor...well he said some people don't even figure out they're pregnant...but if you are 1/2 way normal about your health or at least go once a year for a check up you'll know. Or it could be a yeast infection either way you have to go the doctor bc while they can guess what it is they have to test the actual patient with the symptoms. Btw get a doctor that tests you for everything, it's your health demand good care.

- Response by A Hippie Chick, Female, 29-35

Rating Received:

Go to the drug store and buy a Vagisil Screening Kit. This should give you some indication as to what is going on and if medical attention is needed. Personally I have never been one to mess around with my reproductive health. If I suspected anything I would be at the doc ASAP.

- Response by kdtxchic30, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?

Rating Received:

Latex condoms can do that. You can get yeast or bacteria switching parters

- Response by clueless37, An Alternative Girl, Female, 46-55, Celebrity

Rating Received:

Thats the fukin u get for the fuking u got the more it feels beat up the better time u had :0

- Response by bigcurt, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 56-65, Pittsburgh, Self-Employed

Rating Received: