Apparently they couldn't capture public attention any other way!!!
Sex & Intimacy / 11:35 AM - Saturday May 05, 2012

Really says something about their message.

In the news: Nearly nude students take to Montreal's streets to protest tuition hike

MONTREAL - Striking students stripped down to their birthday suits and an astonishing array of red underwear to protest, yet again, against Quebec's proposed tuition hikes.

The students gathered downtown at Place Emilie-Gamelin around 7 p.m. Thursday and as their numbers grew to several hundred, the shirts, pants, skirts and jackets came off.

There was a whiff of cannabis in the air, indicating some students might have needed courage to bare almost all.

Originally billed as a totally bare march, many students said they realized they could run afoul of the law if they went buck naked so they toned it down.

Thongs, bikini bottoms, bras, bandeaus, jock straps, boxer shorts, briefs and a couple of very dare-to-be-bare men with socks on their nether regions were the costume du jour.

Some of the women were topless, but they used red paint, those ubiquitous red squares and other means to cover their breasts to avoid arrest for indecent exposure.

The symbolism of the nearly nude event was featured in the chants the students shouted out as they marched through Montreal's Plateau neighbourhoold: "Tout nu dehors, jusqu'a la victoire," which translates to naked outside until victory, but doesn't rhyme in English.

The disrobed students brought out the curious and the amused.

Several seniors shook their heads at Place Émilie-Gamelin while bemused patrons in restaurants looked on and in some cases clapped and hooted at the students in support.

The mood of the march was festive and jovial, where a bunch of almost strangers were walking together wearing very little.

- Asked by ilom, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 46-55, Halifax, Science / Engineering

I bet that made for an interesting day in the neighborhood....lol

I just looked it up...they didn't offer pics of the more *interesting* attire. LOL

OH THOSE WILD AND WOOLY, INHABITANTS !!!!!

- Response by nuttyprofessor, A Guy Critical, Male, 66 or older, Transportation

http://www.youtube.com/ watch?v=GHNlnyhzJVU

Wow, I have an idea for a musical that would have that feature...I thimk I'll call it HAIR....waddya think?

The only thing I could think while reading this was "Weren't they cold?!"

It's April in Montreal, I'd be cold if I went out naked most days in Italy now!

Freezing bums! ;)

- Response by milla, A Thinker, Female, 36-45