Do you know anyone with a "fragmented personality"?
Sex & Intimacy / 12:01 PM - Saturday April 14, 2012

It's a symptom of deeper psychological disorders.
It's when the different roles a person has to play from one part of life to the next don't correspond, and often contradict. The term "Nazi doctors" is a perfect (and chilling!) example.

Richard Restak wrote in "The Self Seekers" about people with narcissistic personality disorder, and mentioned fragmented personality as one sign of it.
The example he used was the woman who despised men for seeing her only as a sex object, but she saw no contradiction between that and her job as a Playboy Bunny.
When I read that, I had to turn to the back cover to find out who this guy was-- he's a shrink from NY-- How'd he know the Horselady in my profile?

- Asked by chesterdad, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 56-65, San Francisco

All I know about narcissistic personality disorder is they tend to think they are the best at everything, they are very, very negative about people who they feel may be a threat, socially, economically and mentally because he tends to have an abnormally high level of himself. He truly believes he's the best at everything, the most educated and can do a better job than everyone at work, including those who have been at their job since he was a kid. The most horrific quality of this narcissist is his complete lack of loyalty. For example, he's as charming as heck to the person's face and as soon as the person leaves, he says the nastiest most hurtful things he can. It seems like he's trying to destroy most everyone's character. He lies like a dog while looking right at you. If someone were to do a quarter of what he does, he would have a complete heart attack because he truly thinks he's justified to criticize and no one else has a right as he is perfect. It all boils down to extreme selfishness and twisted self love with no real understanding of love. I would say it's probably the most disgusting type of personality to be around. Even for those who are naturally compassionate for the mentally ill find this disorder puts a true test to the word compassion as the narcissist will even twist and distort a person's compassion to fit their need.

I will say this, I've spent a few months and some hours talking with a true narcissist and it truly is a fascinating yet scary experience as they truly don't realize the poison they spew.

Regarding the fragmented personality, I have noticed this person does twist his personality to fit who he speaks with (not the norm like many people do ex. professional life, family life) in order to get what he wants. So, I can see how this makes sense.

It may have been you that I first herd that term from a week or two ago in a response to a post.
I have not looked up the symptoms but I have know people like that I used to call them oxymorons.We all come here to this life and survive in the most distructive ways often.
I had looked up the symptoms of a person I had been seeing and Narcicstic and antisocial behvior was another that rang a bunch of bells.