George Zimmerman will be charged.
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 5:09 PM - Wednesday April 11, 2012

George Zimmerman will be charged.

How do you feel about that?

Update: April 11, 2012.
That's why he will go to prison...he followed the boy, then shot him. If you were scared, you'd call 911 not shoot an unarmed human.

Update: April 11, 2012.
My thought is, if you shoot an unarmed person, and you are not in your home being attacked by an intruder, or outside of your home, you need to go to prison!

- Asked by cutback, A Rebel, Male, 29-35, Who Cares?

Seems reasonable to me. I am unfamiliar with how "stand your ground" works in practice but it just seems that when you shoot an unarmed person and you are not inside your own home, you SHOULD go to trial. You can then claim self-defense at trial and your claims can be evaluated. It seems insane to me that somebody can kill an unarmed person and claim "I felt threatened" and not even go to trial, seems like an invitation to anarchy.

- Response by xerxes, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 46-55, Washington, DC, Lawyer

I think that regardless of your viewpoint on this story, you should be GLAD he is being charged.

Only if he is charged, will this case be tried in a court with a jury, and have all the evidence thoroughly reviewed and judged. I only want JUSTICE, regardless of which party is at fault.

A person died here. It deserves time and attention to determine what really happened.

Good.

He needs to be tried to ensure there is justice, whichever way it goes.

There are too many questions out there, they need to be answered to diffuse this. If he did murder this boy, he needs to be punished. If it was self defense, the details needs to come out in the open for people to believe and feel comfortable with it.

Leaving him without a trial leaves far too many questions and the impression that murder is being ignored.

- Response by milla, A Thinker, Female, 36-45

"Will be" and "Has been" are two very different things.

Believe it when it happens.

I don't see how he'll ever get a fair trial with the media circus turning it into a race issue like they always do.

- Response by jlees, A Guy Critical, Male, 29-35

BUT, IT NEVER SAID FOR WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! iT HAD BETTER BE MURDER!!!!!!!!!

NBC apologizes for twisting the dispatcher call to make Zimmerman appear to be a racist d-bag.

You think he'll get a fair trial? Or will the black panthers demand he walk the plank because Zimmerman is half white?

- Response by jillopo, An Alternative Girl, Female, 66 or older, Peshawar, Other Profession

As of 2:49pm PST Zimmerman has been arrested. Charges will be revealed at top of hour 3:00pm PST.

2nd degree murder is the charge...

Probably won't do much (if any) jail time.

hnygrl, why do you say he probably wont do much, if any, jail time? From my understanding, a conviction for 2nd degree murder in Florida gets you 25 to life.

I am sure he had a reason for shooting him I very much doubt the innocent teenager story

I knew that was coming. I bet he gets off just like OJ did. If I am out somewhere and have a gun and someone attacks me, I think I have every right to shoot them, but I don't have the right to follow somone and shoot them. That is the job of the cops who should have been called. I think he was on a power trip in a way.

I feel that he had no right to shoot an unarmed young man

Only way Obama is going to win an election would be by angering black people, it worked in 08 by that new york times cartoon, and it's same strategy here. He wants black people to get angry nd come out nd vote for him. This is politics, politics, and racial politics..

- Response by playaarrow, A Player, Male, 29-35, Toronto, Science / Engineering

good

- Response by photosteve, A Creative, Male, 29-35, San Jose

Pressure from a privaleged political group. Wondering where they will get a jury who hasn't made up their minds a month ago about this case. People will watch the trial, but it will only cement their preconcieved notions. No matter the outcome there will be riots.

... AND the Special Prosecutor had the stones to say it was not politically motivated! THAT's a laugh.

I think that in one regard it's GOOD to bring it before a jury, so that there can be no more outcries that the police are doing nothing. (Even though there were.)

But on the other hand, Juries are made up of 12-15 people who are too dumb or too unmotivated to get out of jury duty. I'm not sure I'd want to place my fate in their hands in such a situation.

I think the jury pool has been irreparably tainted by the activists and protestors, and that IF there is a "not guilty" verdict at the end, or a "guilty" of a reduced charge and a minimum sentence, it's going to be "Rodney King" all over again.

Some of the public is so up in arms over this matter, thanks in large part to the likes of the Rev. Sharpton and other "community agitators," that I believe VIOLENCE is inevitable, and that will surely be on the jury's mind as they deliberate.

- Response by A Career Man, Male, 36-45

It's about time. He should have been charged immediately.

- Response by size008, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 66 or older, New York, Retired

Letting someone get away with murdering another person especially if certain factors play a roll in this, would seem to take the USA back in time. All the way back to when dark skinned people were mistreated.we have to make a point that no one is allowed to take someone else's life.

- Response by tinkerbell101a, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?

think the justice system is working.
we do not know all the details of the incident.
let the Sanford Police do their job without outside interference.

It's about time. I cant believe the law enforcement authorities waited so long.

If there is evidence a crime was committed, Zimmerman should be charged. Silly how so many on here automatically assume he'll get prison. 2nd degree murder compels the state to PROVE he acted "with depravity" when he pulled the trigger. Tough to prove.

- Response by tenspro35, A Career Man, Male, 46-55

Yes, and they will find a way to punish him, even if he is found not guilty. Just like OJ. He was found innocent, but they had to come back at him with something else. Same here, Zimmerman has no chance.

Long overdue, but proving murder 2 will be very difficult. The reason is that the stand your ground law itself is idiotic, but it WAS the Florida law that was on the books at the time of the incident. All GZ's lawyer has to do is make the jury doubt that GZ did this in cold blood. Even if he was totally mistaken about Trayvon's intentions, as he likely was, if he believed he was in danger and this belief caused him to discharge his gun, then it is not murder.

- Response by tomtomcat, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 56-65, New York, Teaching