Can someone please tell me why women can have the health club Curves all over the nation...
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 9:16 AM - Friday April 06, 2012

...But Augusta National can't stay all male.

Update: April 06, 2012.
I'm glad the ignorant people decided to step up and show their ignorance. So now if someone wants a single sex expirience some where that makes them gay. Also, what is it to you if someone is gay or not. Additionally, it is sad that you have such issues that you seem to think being gay is a bad thing. Leave it up to an anon to make a backhanded attack on gay people. Studies have shown that students in a single sex eductional enviroment perform better than in a coed enviroment. Did you know that men and women learn differently and for the last 40 years education has been directed towards women and that is one of the reasons male college attendence has declined. Did you know that there are only three all male colleges in the US and dozens of all female colleges. Why is it alright for women to have their singel sex enviroments, but men are not allowed the same. It just makes women look sad when they push to end all male things, but then don't try to end all female things. Something to think about. Why should men not be given the same privledges as women in this day and age. Or at least why do women not fight for equal rights for men like they do for themsleves.

- Asked by juandontbeg, A Career Man, Male, 36-45, Self-Employed

Personally I think it is absurd! Why can't women have "women only" facilities and men have "men only" facilities. Even beyond facilities I think men and women should be able to have organizations that just cater to their gender. Making Augusta National multi-gender is pushing it for me. What liberal came up with this bright idea?

It drives me nuts! It's a mens club. You drink scotch, piss on a tree, smoke cigars, and hit a little white ball around. There are many clubs just for men and many just for women. There are a shit ton of golf courses for the ladies to play or here's an idea, go build a great course "just for women" like Augusta did...

- Response by jackstraw, A Life of the Party, Male, 36-45, Who Cares?

I don't think men push for an all men club or else they would have it. but I don't think men mind working out with women in the same room.
But the reason for a club like curves I guess is because some women feel self concsious working out with men in the same room or they like that this club is like a support group for overweight women to get together as a group and work out and get healthy.
I'm guessing as I don't know much about Curves.

- Response by girlpower08, A Sportif, Female, 36-45

Why would you want to be in a place that's all men? Are you checking them out or what?

- Response by A Player, Female, 26-28, Who Cares?

Because the CEO of IBM isn't male and if he wasn't invited to join Curves Health Club I doubt he would have been bothered.

It's news, that's not news.

Because we women are selfish pigs who stomp all over men. We get whatever we want and our goal is to make sure men have nothing.

- Response by catscratch, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Executive

Because thats the Democratic definition of equality, just some are more equal than others.

For the same reason masons only have men.

The question is WHY do men want all-male environments? I know what women have against men that leads them to open all-female facilities, but what do men want to be free of from women? Gyms just for women exist so women can feel comfortable wearing whatever and not be judged or have men give them unwanted attention. What annoying behaviors do women exhibit that make men want to exclude them?

- Response by A Sweet Sarah, Female, 29-35

Personally, if I were offered a membership I'd turn the club down, and let the club die from attrition as the fat cats die off and younger people develop interest in more civilized relics.

- Response by myrtletyrtle, A Creative, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

I understand your argument. The probelm is, women have faced discrimination over the years and even today with our not receiving equal pay. These injustices have created a climate of sensitivity and likely why all male clubs are looked upon in this way. I don't belive this is a gay/straight issue either. In short, when a group of people have been discriminated against, they will be more sensitive to events bearing resemblance to the initial stressor.

- Response by sk8rgirl, A Creative, Female, 36-45