Why would a man love rough sex?
Sex & Intimacy / 5:23 PM - Saturday March 24, 2012

Why would a man love rough sex?

Is it because he is semi soft and has watched too much porn?

My bf likes thrusting (in intercourse) very hard and says it's a different sensation. I never had this with other men in the past. My bf is 47 yrs
I like thrusting to be gentle, slow and sometimes fast and stronger, but not too strong like he is going to break my bones.
I thought a man would enjoy it the way I like it too because we could feel eachother better

Why would he want this?

- Asked by A Trendsetter, Female, Who Cares?, New York

There are some valid reasons that the guy would thrust in very hard and fast.

a. Speed of thrusting is directly connected to friction on the head of his penis. The heat generated by the rim of the head sliding along the inside of the vagina does feel good. The faster the head is thrust in, the more heat and the better it feels.

b. A hard fast thrust drives more of his penis into your pussy. And for a guy a lot of the pleasure is derived from the depth that he can get. The more the penis is engulfed by vagina, the better it feels.

c. There is some pleasure derived by driving the pubic mound above the penis very hard, so it is squashed. I don't really know why this is so, but have felt it myself and it can be good.

d. Having the guys testicles slap or slam against the woman's ass is one of the erotic triggers for sex. If he fucks gently, his testicles will sort of come to rest against her ass, but if he really drives into you/her they get a really good shaking and it is very erotic. I also like the feeling of this.

But generally, I am with you. I like to feel my penis spreading and going into the vagina. I like the warmth that is created by slow fucking. But sometimes finish with some hot deep thrusts just for the feeling in my testicles.

And of course, too much porn.

But slow and gentle does it for me. Of course I have to be careful since I have quite a bit of penis that I don't hit the cervix and it is easier with slow and gentle.

Have a good day.

Hmn not a good thing I would say. I guess he gets off on giving you pain or giving a lady pain. Some guys think that if they thrust harder its giving more pleasure. Maybe he is copying the porn stars because I know they do it often. I think sex is supposed to be about pleasure and not pain so if I was you I would definitely tell him you do not like it that way. If he does not listen cut him off then he will learn.

- Response by afq2846, A Guy Critical, Male, 36-45, New York, Law Enforcement

Some men think if they see it in a porn it's the way to do it. When this happends I put a stop to it. I am there for enjoyment also, not just him.

Everybody is different. If you are with someone who is not compatible, you need to move on, or he does.

- Response by seajaih, Female, Who Cares?, Who Cares?

Maybe he has deep-seated hostilities against women and is taking them out on you.

That mention of his hostilities may just factor in.
He's pounding you with a HATE FUCK, it sounds like.

- Response by mikegeeboyd, A Life of the Party, Male, 46-55, Artist / Musician / Writer

Too much porn watching, perhaps, makes him feel like a stud. The only reason ( and an incorrect reason) is he feels or thinks you feel more if his thrusts go deeper. Unless it one of those time when clothes are ripped off and your doing it on the kitchen table, slowly allows for an indescribable sensation. Since you (actually that means since I)am most sensitive when fully engorged. Having my shaft squeezed by what feels to me like warm, wet, form-fitting velvet is sensational. I am torn between the desire to come which would increase speed a bit and the desire to savor the sensation. Even stopping every now and them and getting squeezed like a python, feels like getting..milked. Do you come having intercourse slowly or do you just enjoy the sensation more? If you don't usually come through just intercourse but need some oral or manual stimulation, he might think that fucking you harder & faster will get you off (In which case you should tell him exactly what turns you on and what doesn't, it might seem difficult at the time but he'll find or figure it out eventually and will be all the more disappointed that he isn't satisfying you)You mentioned your bf is 47 and I am the same age so I'm not sure how relevant that is. Hope that helps write if you want clarification

- Response by april4eliot, A Guy Critical, Male, 56-65, San Francisco, Self-Employed

At 47, most men are on down-hill road, so they just want to convince themselves to be still macho men.

Most men like to be praised, rather worshiped, by girls for their sexual powers.

Gently indicate to him he is still very strong, but it hurts you. Maybe this will satisfy his ego and will take the hint.

- Response by counsellor, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 66 or older, Delhi, Self-Employed

This hard thrusting is pleasing to him. To get reaction from you verbally or just because it feels good to him. Maybe both. It does not feel good to you. Let him know that in no uncertain terms. He will stop this wild man act or the sex and possible relation is over. Sex should be enjoyable for both, not just one. Allow this to continue then possibly anal sex will be next. Some women take this pain to please a man. This should not be. But, to each there own. Not me. Terrible pain and sex do not mix with me.

- Response by nomadbum, Female, 46-55, Chicago, Self-Employed

If you don't like what he is doing tell him, and if he doesn't slow things down then you need to move on. If he was in a serious relationship before you maybe that's what the women wanted. Maybe he just needs to be taught that there is another way.

- Response by chrissyapple83, A Cool Mom, Female, 29-35

yea, he likes dominating you and roughing you up cause he's soft...

hahaha...what?

- Response by An Intellectual Guy, Male, 29-35, Who Cares?

You at it this way, you both have to find a median and disgust that you don't like it. Don't just take it. Sometimes in those moments people get in the moment. However, you have to let your partner know what your dislikes and likes. If not then no one is going to be happy.

- Response by womanv, A Career Woman, Female, 36-45, New York, Self-Employed

My wife used to tell me she wanted so hard that she could feel my dick come through her back. She loved me slamming into her as hard as i could

- Response by fungunloaded, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 46-55

People like what they like, usually because it feels good, and not due to some deep psychological reason.

In a sexual partnership, there has to be a give-and-take...you let him do what he likes at times and vice versa. Hopefully, there is enough in common so that you both get your jollies.

- Response by tomtomcat, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 46-55, New York, Teaching

Oh sure, you thougt a man would enjoy it the way you like it? Sorry but thats too funny. A man likes it anyway he can enjoy it. You are lucky if he focuses on you at all. Thrusting deep and a little rough is very enthusiastic and hot, kind of like wild and out of control. Not for everyone but great for those who enjoy it.

- Response by friendofkarma, An Alternative Girl, Female, 46-55, Artist / Musician / Writer

Saludos yo no soy adicto a la pornografia y si que me gusta que las mujeres les guste el sexo duro, me excita demasiado, yo pienso que tiene que ver mas con la mente humana, y con lo heredado de nuestos antepasados, como el homo erectus, nuestro lado mas primitivo-mas salvaje. Calienta demasiado y dan ganas de masturbarme es como las sodomias practicadas duramente en la pornografia, ya viene programado en el cerebro, lo que se puede tratar uno es de contenerse y reprimirlo, es como decir por que tengo 5 dedos, mira generalmente ocupamos 4 pero la herencia nos ha dado esto con todo y sus defetos, el mas apto para supervivir. La ley de la selva. Saludos amigos.

- Response by richajimenez, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 29-35, Tijuana