Stuck-up co workers. how do you deal with them?
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 8:28 AM - Saturday March 24, 2012

stuck-up co workers. how do you deal with them?

If I have to work closely with them. I try to get to know them better. Lots of times, they're just shy or defensive for some reason that has nothing to do with you. If they see you want to get along and make things work, they'll do the same. I've made some great friends that way. They were really happy I made the extra effort to get to know them.

If they're still difficult to work with, you might need to talk privately to your supervisor about it. They could have some good suggestions about what would work in your particular situation.

- Response by mrscleaver16, A Married Girl, Female, 56-65

I tend to treat most people the same regardless of what their personality is like.

By doing so, you are not feeding into their 'trap,' which is exactly what they are looking for with those types of personalities.

So, for example, if a stuck-up co-worker said something to me indicating that she thinks she's better than me, I would just respond to the part of the comment that was answering the question... and completely ignore the snootiness.

That reaction actually frustrates them and once they figure out that you are not going to get all upset about it after a while, they will usually stop and beginning returning mutual respect. You have to be consistent with it though. =-)

- Response by cutypy5840, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Medical / Dental

I don't work with anyone who thinks they're better than anyone. I'm lucky that way. For the most part, I work with nice, down-to-earth people.

There are some in every crowd. Usually the stuckupness is hiding a lot of insecurities unless they are kim kardashian types and therefore I ignore them completely.....

You talk to them on an Adult to Adult level.

Whether they choose to do the same is their problem.

my mantra in the working world has always served me well.
they arent my problem and i dont have to wake up with em and im getting paid for 8 hrs to put up with them.
always be pleasant but avoid any socialization that isnt required for the job.

- Response by mortishia99, A Thinker, Female, 56-65, Medical / Dental

Ignore Them

- Response by katman9x, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 36-45, Medical / Dental

"don't give them the time of day"

I simply don't like stuck up people. Therefore, I would never feel the need to deal with them. I don't understand the need anyone would have to be stuck up. Because, it wouldn't matter what they possessed, I'd never think they were better than anyone else. I like people with personality and heart. Why waste precious time out of your life trying to deal with a stuck up person?

I'd actually LOVE the fact that they didn't want to deal with me. A lot of stuck up people actually envy the happy lives of the people they believe are "out of their league." They are usually angered by people who never seem to recognize them as being anything special. They don't like those who don't seem to care what type of lifestyle stuck up people live. They are some of the most unhappiest people you could ever meet when you really get down to it. IJS

I usually just ignore them and go around people like that. Nobody at work I let get too close to me anymore. I don't socialize with or date any of my colleagues. What goes on in my private life stays outside of work.

- Response by daugenstine, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 29-35, Political / Government