Have you ever said or done something, while dining in a restaurant, that STILL makes you cringe???

My ex chided and scolded me in public at a restaurant and that made me fall out of love with her and is part of why we could not succeed. What's sad is that she made it like she was going to take me to lunch and I was so excited and happy thinking that finally she was going to treat me to some close time... I can't express just how disappointing and hurtful that was... I realize how that sounds but man... what a let down... totally made my heart sink into my feet.... ijs...

- Response by timeforanoverhaul, A Father Figure, Male, 36-45, Self-Employed

I've never done anything questionable but um...my husband has!.

My husband is a big guy and once when we went to a restaurant they stuffed us in this tiny little booth. When we got up to leave my husband had such difficulty getting out of the booth that he ended up farting SUPER loud. He may very well have broken the sound barrier with his ass that day. The situation was embarrassing enough but my hysterical laughing just up'd the ignorant factor about 1000 notches. I was laughing so hard I couldn't even get up to leave and then the kid's started laughing and that's when everyone in the restaurant acknowledged what they'd heard and I laughed even harder. I had to have sat there for about ten minutes laughing which just made it worse.

Needless to say, we can't go there anymore and when discussed it's referred to as the place where " the incident " occurred.

me, no....but my wife will cringe.

I've got up and walked out because I ordered a specific steak that had a dry rub and bacon wrap. What arrived at my table was a steak with no bacon. The waitress apologized but said they didn't have bacon, they ran out.

Well, why the hell didn't someone tell me before you opened a $500 bottle of wine and throw what looked like a very good steak on the grill to cook, maybe (call me crazy) as the customer I would want what I want and not what you feel like serving me. Maybe I would have changed my order, or maybe I would have said that's fine bring me this substandard baconless steak, but at least as the person eating it I would have chosen it. I took my open bottle of wine dropped 5 bills and walked out, crossed the street and got a greek bacon chicken ranch pizza that went superb with my wine.

- Response by sammann, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 36-45, Self-Employed

Once, while dining at a Japanese restaurant, I knocked over a bottle of soy sauce and it spilled all over the table. My boyfriend won't let me forget it and still brings it up every now and then (jokingly, of course).

- Response by brighttulip05, A Creative, Female, 36-45, San Francisco, Therapist

one time we were eating, drinking and laughing and I talk with my hands and I had my fork in my hand it, unoticed to me, went flying in back of me. A nice gentleman tapped me on the shoulder and told me if I wanted this back as it landed on his table!! He saw the whole thing and so did my friend I was with.

YES. I once had a foos fight with a friend....CRINGE

One night my wife kicked me under the table for a comment I made to one of our friends, I said stop kicking me under the table. I was in the bad books for a few days after that.

- Response by oldman52, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 56-65, Sydney, Retired