I am not going to name names because I respect privacy...
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 4:58 AM - Saturday February 18, 2012

I posted a recent question... something about America and WWIII. It is very interesting that this website is international. I am very curious, do you think America does more harm than good?

- Asked by wakeforester, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 36-45

I think we have the best intentions in mind and it is a matter off opinion if we are helping or hurting.Your'e damn if you do and damn if you don't.

Overall, America does more good. It stabilizes the world. Most other super powers are extreme in one way or another. America is seen as the voice of reason. We have our frailties, but over all, I'd say America makes the world better. And that fact that we have the capability to wipe any country off the map keeps the world in check.

- Response by 2thpick, A Jock, Male, 36-45, Technical

Watch this , Zeitgeist - The Movie: Federal Reserve

- Response by headscratching, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 46-55, Science / Engineering

Just to dispel the myth that the US gives more in terms of charity. If you look at how much countries give as a percentage of their gross national income, the US doesn't look so good.

1. Sweden - 1.12%
2. Norway - 1.06%
3. Luxembourg - 1.04%
4. Denmark - 0.88%
5. Netherlands - 0.82%
6. Belgium - 0.55%
7. Finland - 0.54%
8. Ireland - 0.54%
9. United Kingdom - 0.52%
10. France- 0.47%
11. Spain - 0.46%
12. Switzerland - 0.45%
13. Germany - 0.35%
14. Canada - 0.30%
15. Austria - 0.30%
16. Australia - 0.29%
17. New Zealand - 0.28%
18. Portugal - 0.23%
19. United States - 0.21%
20. Greece - 0.19%

Your latest response.. do you see what I mean about bully's???? You have a great Army, met lots of them when I served, however, The British army beat them hands down as has been proved more times than none

- Response by rumloverreturns, A Cool Mom, Female, 46-55, Glasgow, Other Profession

<-- I agree with rumlover & bluegenel here... The rest of the world gets a little tired of hearing how wonderful the US is and how much they do for us all. Kudos to bluegenel for finding those stats. I know here in Australia we, the people dig deep when other countries are in crisis. Over here in general Americans are seen as arrogant, I even know a woman from West Virginia (living here) who agrees with that.

As rumlover says, your leaders are the main issue but the general views here on AO don't help in endearing you to us.

- Response by cam80, A Career Woman, Female, 29-35

The U.S. saves all it's 'harm' for domestic use.

I think America's intentions are good; but remember the road to hell is paved with good intentions. There's a really weird vibe happening in the world. America is by most agreement a super power in the world; they're influential and to some countries wealthy, they're almost like Big Brother. So the expectation is that they help everyone when possible; they solve many problems, etc. The reality is, I think, that America gets pushed into a lot of things and does things for "diplomatic" reasons. The War on Terrorism, is the dumbest excuse in the world for sending troops to a place that will never see peace. And I say this as a relative and friend of many soliders who've served overseas--many in multiple deployments. America's alliances and treaties require them to step into situations, and then their good intentions mindset put them in other situations. I've noticed that when America refuses to get involved in something, they get slammed by other countries who've made the same decision. So it's like a double edged sword, damned if you do, damned if you don't.