Does my male friend like me, even though he knows I'm married?
Sex & Intimacy / 10:03 PM - Monday January 30, 2012

Alright, so, I'm married and have a baby. My husband cheated on me about.. Say a month and a half ago. My old friend knows about this. We were never close, my friend.
Recently, I've been talking to said friend every once in a while via Skype/Facebook. I've seen him once since.. probably september. Our conversations would usually be 1-2x a week, evenly initiated by either him or I, and generally last for 1-3 hours. I've known this guy for 4 years. We were never close, but I still know him pretty well.
Anyway, last time I saw him, it was at his band mate's birthday party. Everyone was sober. As he left, he gave all of us a hug -- it's what our group of friends just "does". Normal enough, right? Well, he picks me out of everyone else, and gives me a.. pretty loud, actually, kiss on the cheek. Last time I'd checked, he has a huge crush on my best friend, and has never once shown interest in me at all.
Well, right after that, I have to leave as well as my husband had called me, saying baby girl was sick. So I rush out. Friend was walking to his car, and shouted, "LOVE YOU KALLI!" while I ran past. All I really said was "Cool beans!"
Baby ended up being OK.
So, I went to afterparty of said birthday party. I saw cheek-kissing-friend. I was only there for about 20 minutes, but my friend paid a really weird amount of attention to me. And when I left because my husband wanted me home early, I think he got mad at me -- He wouldn't say bye, and he wouldn't hug me. So I gave all of my other friends a hug and went on my merry way.
He hasn't talked to me in 2 days. However, he's been liking my statuses and whatnot on facebook. It's like he's trying to fuck with my mind. I just don't get it. I'm positive he doesn't like me -- and he's a smart guy, he also knows when to give up on stuff like that.
Wtf do I do? Any insight?

Your post makes it appear as though you're interested in pursuing something, otherwise you wouldn't have tried to validate your behavior by mentioning that your husband recently cheated on you. You're playing with fire and you're likely to get burned - not just you but the family you've created as well. You're having problems in the marriage, I get it. This is something that preoccupies your mind and makes you feel wanted ( which is big since you've just recently been cheated on and are probably feeling a little low in the self-confidence dept. ) but it's still wrong. It's best to either stick things out and fix the problems within the marriage or leave and pursue something with this guy but you can't have both. Love your child enough to make a decision either way because she's the one who will ultimately suffer if you choose to mess around with this guy and stay married. I know you're probably hurting and this eases the pain but two wrongs do not make a right. It doesn't really matter if this guy likes you or not, he shouldn't serve as a safety net for your failing marriage.

Let's see... Wtf do you do? Tough question... hmmm...

*ponders*

I know!!

Remember that you have a husband and baby and stop screwing around with this guy!!

*Ding, Ding, Ding*

- Response by undecidedfuture1, A Creative, Female, 36-45

What do you do? How about----concentrate on your HUSBAND and BABY ?!? You're a wife and a mom...act like one.

- Response by bobbysg1rl, A Cool Mom, Female, 36-45