What does it mean when a guy calls you Dear??
Dating / 6:05 PM - Monday January 30, 2012

Ok now this guy who called me *hun* has moved up into calling me *dear*. What does this mean??

Update: January 30, 2012.
Ok so i have to add on to this im the only girl out of everyone he calls hun or dear he wont call anyone else that. None of his friends who are girls arent specially treated he just calls them by their names but when he talks to me its always goodmornin hun or goodmorning dear. Its not that he dosent know my name he dose and that one i no cuz he always calls me it when something bad happens. But when its the other times hes always calling me hun or dear.

- Asked by topaz66, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 22-25, Denver, Who Cares?

He likes you. And when he starts calling your Hey Girl, he has been drinking and wants to have fun....

wait until it moves up to honeybuns, THEN it will mean something.

- Response by girlpower08, A Sportif, Female, 36-45

I would think he feels special about you.He might have a crush on you.

Nothing.

However, if he is making strides to be near you and spend time with you that means he is interested.

Now it is up to you to decide if that is good or not.

|| DK ||

- Response by ddkk, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 36-45, Philadelphia, Political / Government

Nothing.

I call EVERYBODY "Sweetie" Or "Baby" Or "Honey"

Means nothing.

Some guys and gals use hun, sweetie, dear, darling as expressions but not always terms of endearment. It's just the way they were brought up

Dear is fine it's when he calls you cow that you should start to worry

- Response by shanegalang, A Rebel, Male, 46-55, Transportation

cant remember your name and hes terribly unimaginative.

- Response by mortishia99, A Thinker, Female, 56-65, Medical / Dental

It sounds as though he is patronising you. This would not flatter or make me happy. Why don't you just ask him, what you mean to him. Then believe what he tells you, straight up and move on. He has to know how infatuated you are with him. It doesn't sound like he is romatically interested, but enjoys playing the game and seeing you so obsessed. I think that you are wasting your time, and it will go nowhere.

- Response by nautalady, A Trendsetter, Female, 56-65, Pittsburgh, Other Profession