Going to test my boyfriend to see if he lied about being with another woman... comments?
Dating / 9:40 PM - Monday January 16, 2012

Suspicious of my boyfriend. As in love with me as he claims, I found out he might have lied to me...?
My boyfriend went to this wrestling event for a few days, saying he was going with his guy friend.

1) Then he sent me a picture of him and his guyfriend at the event, who took the picture? Yes I'm more than a bit paranoid, could have been a stranger who took it.

2) Soon I found out an attractive girl he works with and has been mentioning casually in conversation, Liked the same event on Facebook. I created a fake profile and asked if she went to the event, not expecting a response. It doesn't seem she's into wrestling that much on Facebook, but this specific event happens to be on her page which is suspicious...

3) I can't get pictures of the event anywhere and it's highly unlikely she'll respond to me when I made the fake profile.

How do I find out if he lied? Amazing guy, soulmate level, but he's lied before and I just can't tolerate liars.

I'm getting together with him and his guy friend (Who he said he went with to the show) tomorrow at the gym, should I ask the friend,"So who else did you go with?"

I need to know now before I move in with him! What should I do? I need to know the truth!

p.s This is a continuation of a previous post. Thanks!

- Asked by A Sweet Sarah, Female, 26-28, Chicago, Self-Employed

Why go through all of this anyway? If you have any doubts about his faithfulness why would you open yourself to even more when you move in with him?

- Response by painter3459, A Creative, Male, 46-55, Self-Employed

If he was your soulmate as you profess, I don't think you would be doubting him this much. If you are this scared he could be cheating, then I would slow down on moving in with him. You do sound very paranoid and insecure to go to these lengths. Men encounter and work with attractive women every day. You can't keep hunting down every female and making fake Facebook profiles to check up on him. You either trust him or you don't, and it sounds like you don't. I would also take a hard look at yourself to find out what is driving this desire. I would be very upset if I ever found out a partner did all those things and didn't take what I said at face value.

- Response by splashtastic, A Trendsetter, Female, Who Cares?

Let me get this straight... Your main concern is that he sent you a photo of him and a buddy taken by someone else? And THAT leads you to think it was a secret girlfriend? I can't tell you you're wrong, but don't you think that's a really big leap to make?

If you truly feel the need to "test" your guy, then you've already decided he can't be trusted. And if you can't trust him, why stay with him?

And you know what? If he passes your "test," then are you ever going to be satisfied, ever sure that he's not messing around with someone? Or are you goping to have to develop tests for him every time you're apart?

As someone else already alluded, once you decide you have reason to be suspicious, you're predisposed to find SOMETHING to get upset about, no matter how silly. So then it's "hack his email" or invade his privacy in some other way, all because you're insecure.

- Response by mikehug, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 46-55, Cleveland

well in my own dealings , I will mentally note a potential lie and watch, I have found sooner or later the truth becomes apparent. You do not have to bother yourself with trying to find out...just trust that you will. I personally would not put his friends in such a possition as to ask questions.

Chill... If he lied, you'll know soon enough... Though nothing you have posted, this time or the last would lead me to believe that he had.

I will comment that if you are looking for trouble you will find it, and you seem to be very un-trusting of your "soul mate"

And if you let some hoochie on Facebook badger you into breaking up with your soul mate, true or not. She wins and you lose.

- Response by siouxzen, A Career Woman, Female, Who Cares?, Guadalajara, Self-Employed

If you have even an inkling of thought that he is cheating than you guys shouldn't be together. There must be another underlying issue if you are having these thoughts. Based off of the information you posted in your question though you sound like you may be over paranoid because those aren't really reasons to feel as though he is being unfaithful.

- Response by HaastileLady, A Creative, Female, 26-28, Medical / Dental

"How do I find out if he lied? Amazing guy, soulmate level, but he's lied before and I just can't tolerate liars. "

Oh Contrar!! He has lied in the past. He is suspected of lying again. And you will forget and forgive this time just like you have done before.

Say what you mean and mean what you say girlfriend. No wonder guys cheat. Because they CAN! That is why.

if u can not trust someone time to move on

Since you know he lied in the past, how many lies do you need to catch him in before you decide that (1) he is a liar and (2) you don't want to give your heart to someone that has already shown you that he cannot be trusted?

This whole thing makes no sense.

- Response by msheartbeat, A Trendsetter, Female, 46-55, San Francisco, Self-Employed