Why do guys you date ask about Ex boyfriends?? And want u to go into detail?
Dating / 5:00 AM - Sunday January 15, 2012

Its weird I am rly into this guy I have been seeing for a bit, but he is always asking me about my ex. I haven't spoken to my ex since we broke up, and I intend on keeping it that way. He knew my ex while I was dating him and I dated the guy for like 4an 4ayears...but I mean isn't that a turn off for someone to talk about their exs'? Why does he want to know so bad?

- Asked by banjudgement, A Creative, Female, 22-25

I dare say he's insecure about your ex. Just tell him you haven't spoken to the ex since the break-up and you have no intention of talking about him. Be careful what you say about your ex to him, he may fling it in your face if you have an argument in the future (experience speaking).

- Response by cam80, A Career Woman, Female, 29-35

It is a way for us males to find out how we personal stack up against the ex, are we worthy, manly enough, appealing enogh, athletic enough, intelligent enogh, etc.. It is a gauge for some to see how they measure up to the ex. For me all I need to know is: Where is he today? Does he still have a place in your heart? Is there a chance for you to take him back? And what did the A_S do to lose you so that I would never do the same to lose the Love in my Life? That is it. All I am suppose to do is win over and keep your heart so that we can have a great time together.

- Response by lowmy, A Career Man, Male, 46-55, Baltimore, Science / Engineering

I once dated a guy who raged on and on that his exes were all psychos and bitches. Well, guess who was the next "bitch" on the list? How a guy talks about his exes is very telling about him. It's not really what happened, but his attitude about it, so I always ask. Just once, and then I drop it-- their initial response is enough.

Though, I was with a guy who seemed to ask a lot of round-about questions about my past. He was friends with my ex who was in love with me, and I'm sure that he was thinking that I was tainted or something, or he was insecure about how he measured up. It was very obnoxious, my ex was not in my life at all and I REALLY liked this new dude, so I wish he'd have been more up-front or dropped it.

- Response by anie01, A Thinker, Female, 22-25, Teaching

Most likely he doesn't want to annoy him if they are friends or again he will want to know how you will treat him if he find out being your X too.

- Response by lovery, A Father Figure, Male, 36-45, Science / Engineering

You must be choosing paranoid men who think they will have some freak after them later only to realise they can't protect you. So they interrogate you over dinner.

Choose another one.

- Response by sunblaze, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 29-35, Artist / Musician / Writer

Women do it also. I just tell them that I prefer to look forward instead of looking back. And that there will be plenty of time for us to talk about the past if we end up hitting it off. And if she continues to focus on it, I will either not ask her out again or if it's bad enough, I'll drop a few bucks on the table and leave.

- Response by A Guy Critical, Male, 46-55, New York, Who Cares?

Every time he brings it up tell him you are no longer with him and you don't want to talk about him. That is strange that he wants to know.