Why would he text me everyday but never ask to hang out?
Dating / 5:15 PM - Wednesday January 04, 2012

I met this guy about a month ago. He was really flirty and kissed me that first night. He had made plans to go somewhere else for the night but changed his plans so he could come back the next day. We spent all day together and he even stayed the night. Then he had to leave, (he goes to school in another state), but he gave me his phone number. Long story but I saved it wrong and wasnt able to call or text him. About a week later he contacted me through facebook and we started talking through there about once every few days. He was coming home for Christmas so I mentioned that we should hang out while he was at home, he said of course and asked for my number. We never go together and he apologized, but said he would be back again around new years. He continued to text me almost everyday and at one point asked what my plans were for new years eve. I already had plans so I told him I wouldnt be able to see him and his response was simply "its cool". After that we continued to text but he never again mentioned getting together. He has already gone back to school and we never got to see each other. I am just confused because if he is interested in me in any way, even as a hook up or a friend, then wouldnt he have wanted to see me? Why does he text me everyday if he isnt going to make an effort to ever get together in person?

Do you know how many women are doing exactly what you did? That's why he's texting you. You're simply an option. He kept you around texting. Until, he had a better option. When he did want to "hook up" he asked. But, you weren't available. He said, "It's cool." Because, he knew he just needed to ask another girl out.

You're not the only one he's doing this with. Don't get wrapped up in thinking this guy is truly interested in you. There are many guys out there doing what this guy is doing. Just move on. If he desires to call you and make a date or to meet up, let him initiate it. If you want more than to be his f*ck buddy, act like it. IJS

many men and women are just into texting..it's time to move on to a "real relationship" bye bye Mr. Texter

- Response by butternutbisque, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?