Anybody have a great slow cooker spare ribs recipe?
Recipes & Entertaining / 3:50 PM - Wednesday December 14, 2011

- Asked by ilom, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 46-55, Halifax, Science / Engineering

I have two and they are really easy and really good but you're going to have to finish them in the oven - just for a few minutes - to get the desired result.

First of all, I go with St. Louis style or Country style ribs when I can get them.
They have less fat than spare ribs and have more meat and are less expensive than baby-back ribs.

Here is the way to do "Southern" BBQ ribs:

Put the ribs in the crock pot set to low.
Sprinkle the ribs with garlic powder (no salt), black pepper, a few shakes of Liquid Smoke (Don't leave this out.) a few drops of Worcestershire Sauce and about 1/4 bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce.
KC Masterpiece, Original is good and available just about anywhere but whatever brand of sauce you like and if you want them to have a little heat, just add some Cayenne Pepper, Jalapeno slices and use HOT BBQ Sauce but I'd consider those Southwest ribs not Southern ribs.
Still good.

Cook on low for about 9-10 hours. Too much longer and they'll fall apart which is okay but harder to handle.

Remove the ribs from the crock pot and place on a baking sheet lined with foil.

Pour about 1/4 of the "juice" from the 'pot over them and then pour the rest of the BBQ sauce over all and place under an oven broiler - watching carefully - until the sauce is bubbly and thickened. This won't take long.

An alternative is Teriyaki ribs.

Do all the same above for "Southern" ribs BUT before adding the ribs to the crock pot, put some sliced, raw mushrooms, chunks of bell pepper (green, red, yellow, combo...it doesn't matter.) chunks of raw, red onion and a small can of pineapple chunks with a little of the juice into the 'pot.

Instead of BBQ Sauce, use Kikkoman's Teriyaki Baste & Glaze.

After cooking the 9-10 hours or so, spread the ribs and veggies/pineapple onto the cookie sheet and pour the rest of the Kikkoman's over all and put under the broiler.

If your ribs fall apart, you need to remove as many of the bones as possible before broiling and serving.

I usually put the Teriyaki ribs and veggies over steamed rice.

- Response by jenny12, A Career Woman, Female, 46-55, Other Profession

I kind of "cheat" and it is an amazing rib recipe.

at the grocery store, where you would buy those little packets of chilli or gravy seasoning, there are slow cooker packets.
get the rib one. it is awesome.

the one I buy is called "mild BBQ ribs" by clubhouse seasonings.
you put the ribs in and you add a can of tomato sauce and some sugar. (it tells you what you need on the back of the packet)

it is yummmmmy

there is also a great pulled pork one, really tasty!!

- Response by fondacox, A Trendsetter, Female, 36-45

Ribs in the Crockpot a recipe I got from Barbb

3 lbs pork spareribs
salt
pepper
1 jar barbecue sauce
1 onion, diced

Do not preheat the slow cooker
Dice up the onion, add to crock pot
Rub the ribs with salt and pepper, add to crockpot
Dump BBQ sauce on top
Cook on low setting for 8-10 hours
Try not to lift the lid too much
The meat will FALL OFF THE BONE!

Enjoy

haha apparently not I guess?

- Response by getfukkd, A Guy Critical, Male, 26-28, Other Profession