What should I buy my boyfriend of 4 months for Christmas? How much money is appropriate to spend
Sex & Intimacy / 10:36 AM - Tuesday December 13, 2011

...on such gift? Should I ask him to agree on a limited amount, like $100 for a gift?

Thank you

- Asked by A Sweet Sarah, Female, Who Cares?, New York

Since your relationship is still young,i wouldnt put a limited price amount on what to buy. Just buy him what you feel like buying,and let him buy you what he wants to buy you. Next year if you are still together,maybe you can do that if that is what you both wish to do.

I wish both of you well,and have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!

- Response by tudorcat, Female, 46-55, Columbus, Home Maker

Holy shit. I don't spend $100 on MY MOTHER.

You should both agree to NOT purchase ANY gifts for each other.

How about sharing an activity together like going ice skating or tubing or how about select an Angel from the Angel Tree, shop for the needy child, and deliver the items (must be done SOON).

If I were your boyfriend of 4 months and you expected me to spend $100 on you -- that would definitely be the END of my relationship with you (a gold digger).

Not knowing your boyfriend, I can't really offer much help. Whatever you feel is comfortable. $100 may be too much after only 4 months. What is he interested in? Do you guys do activities together? Does he need any warm winter gear (gloves, hat, etc)?

- Response by nico76, A Creative, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?

Power tools. You can never go wrong with power tools. And you can accessorize too, with drill bits, saw blades, batteries, etc.

- Response by inotnuts, A Father Figure, Male, 36-45, Newark, Retired

damn, girl, you do not have to do anything unless you want to and as for the amount that is up to you.

A 12 year old bottle of single malt scotch is always a nice gift.

Agreeing on a price to spend is a smart idea.I would spend around $50.

Buy him something simple... and something you KNOW he'll use

Spend no more than $20. Get him a shaving kit or possibly some sleeping pants with a matching top in color. Any money left over, throw in a mens bubble bath. No colone or after shave. After a two year streatch and things are great between you both, give him a baby. Congrats in advance!

- Response by nomadbum, Female, 46-55, Chicago, Self-Employed