Should non stop crying babies awolled in libraries?
Race, Religion & Politics, Family & Parenting / 2:23 PM - Sunday November 27, 2011

should non stop crying babies awolled in libraries?

i am sitting in the library & a baby is crying & crying & crying im thinking of moving

- Asked by A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 36-45, Who Cares?

If the baby is AWOL, you wouldn't hear it.

I don't think they should be allowed in there..no. It is rude..the mom should think of other people.

- Response by gregslove77, An Alternative Girl, Female, 29-35, Who Cares?

wait til you are in the same position.

Moms should take crying babies out of the ring...that is protocol anywhere I ever was with crying babies...libraries, church, restaurants, stores, etc. etc.

How many responses you think you would get of people "wanting" a crying, brat kid in a library ???

- Response by hedo2nj, A Player, Male, 36-45, Other Profession

No

- Response by size008, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 66 or older, New York, Retired

most public libraries have done away with the quiet rule, the no food and drink rule to compete with coffee shops and the internet.

all the libraries in my area allow talking . cell phones, loud kids, food and drink.

- Response by galdeen, A Creative, Female, 36-45, Administrative

Well if she's trying to calm the baby down that's one thing but if she's just letting the baby cry I'd be pissed.

I take it you do not have children. What would you do if you did. Your baby started crying in public. Would you leave? Hell No! You would solve the problem the best way you can. A bottle, change a diaper, rock your baby to sleep or feed your baby. When a baby cries something is needed to be done. Leaving will not solve the problem. Only a Man would bring this up. Did you see a man with her? No.
Women alone at many times have this duty. And allways a man somewhere conplains. Get a life!

- Response by nomadbum, Female, 46-55, Chicago, Self-Employed

I have come to the conclusion that people on this site either have perfect babies and children, wind up with a key on the back, who are totally predictable and dont do normal baby things.. and selfish jerks that cannot tolerate the real life things that happens around them... it is laughable really.... maybe some folk should not go anywhere where there are kids and stick to DINKY's

- Response by rumloverreturns, A Cool Mom, Female, 46-55, Glasgow, Other Profession

Just as another point of note., my church tell people that if they do not want to be with the children at service to come to an 8 am service where no kids will be... suffer little children and all that

...you DO know that they, the crying babies, ONLY do this to piss YOU off, you DO know that, right?

...they, the crying babies, WANT you to move......so THEY can TAKE OVER!!!!......those evil little cute things!!!

...but DON'T DO IT!!.....DON'T cave into their diabolical little plans.....just STAY PUT MAN!.....don't let that evil little cutie chase you away, because now that you know the truth, only YOU can save the libary from being taken over.

save the libary, my friend.....you are our only hope.

- Response by nameacarl, A Guy Critical, Male, Who Cares?, Oostende, Self-Employed

Man, you are going to get blasted about that typo... I think that libraries should provide "Crying Baby Rooms". -Gulliver

- Response by stick4013, A Creative, Male, 66 or older, Artist / Musician / Writer

Obviously it's not ideal, but what do you want the mom to do? Not go anywhere or do anything until her child is 18?

This is not a perfect world. Accept it for what it is, and move to a different section of the library.

- Response by A Player, Female, 26-28, Who Cares?

Babies cry...that's inevitable. A parent can't turn off the baby's crying with the flip of some switch so there WILL be times that people hear an upset infant out in public. That said, I don't think it's okay for a parent to allow the baby to go on and on crying and being disruptive to those around them...they should take whatever action possible to quiet the child or remove them from the situation until they settle down. People go to libraries with very specific expectations in mind... (a super-quiet place with tons of books). I can only imagine how that baby's cries are echoing throughout the library lol. There's no way that babies can be banned from public libraries but I think that the librarian has every right to ask the parent to remove the child from the library until he/she settles down.

If the baby is AWOL, let the MP handle it.

- Response by awsum1, A Life of the Party, Male, Who Cares?, Chicago