Why does he sneak glances at me when he already has a girlfriend?
Dating / 7:41 PM - Tuesday November 15, 2011

There is this guy who works for the same company I work at but a different department. I catch him often sneaking glances at me, he doesn't even look away when I catch him. Sometimes he will just keep staring and give me a closed smile. He always makes small talk whenever I see him and he often comes back to help me whenever things get busy during the rush hour (even though I don't ask him to). He even comments on my clothes saying he likes my shirt. He mentioned having a girlfriend once to me long time ago but I sometimes feel like I am being watched (even though it is from a distance when I catch him sneaking glances my way). I find him very attractive but never encourage him or flirt with him since he has a girlfriend. Why is he acting that way if he has a girlfriend?

- Asked by sweetestgirl, A Thinker, Female, Who Cares?, San Francisco, Science / Engineering

I hate to answer a question with a question, but why do you care? Obviously his girl is problem to you, and not to him.

- Response by subtlehubris, A Player, Male, 29-35

He is most likely attracted to you, but since he is with his girlfriend he can only look and make small talk. He is a faithful man. Don't take advantage of it. He is respecting you, and her and keeping himself out of trouble.

- Response by lady_kryptonite, A Thinker, Female, 26-28

Very easy.. Men look but don't touch unless you entice them,
and he might not even have a girl friend, you should ask him if he still has one, it could be a defence mechanism or a way to get women attracted to him, people want what they can't have. Use it to you advantage, don't burn the bridge you never know when you might need his help.

- Response by thecookiemonster25, An Alternative Girl, Female, 29-35, Montreal

what is "long time ago" and are you sure he isn't gay?

- Response by nico76, A Creative, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?

He is attracted to you. And you are mysterious to him...he wants to know more. Being mysterious, and maybe the fact that he can't have you (as he is tied down) makes things interesting.

- Response by wwwwww8888, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 26-28, Sydney, Teaching

For you to catch all of these glances, that would mean that you are also looking at him.

IJS