What if a 50 old man still lives with his mum?
Dating / 11:05 PM - Wednesday November 09, 2011

what if a 50 old man still lives with his mum?

- Asked by A Career Woman, Female, 36-45, Toronto

He is either a devoted son or off limits... Check that.. he is "taken" and off limits...

- Response by siouxzen, A Career Woman, Female, Who Cares?, Guadalajara, Self-Employed

Well, you know he'll leave you for her. And after she's dead, he probably won't ever leave you.

- Response by quikslvr, A Career Man, Male, 36-45, Washington, DC, Lawyer

She would have to be at least 70. I would suspect that he is taking care of and supporting her. Which is an honorable thing to do.

- Response by cosmicdog0, A Guy Critical, Male, 56-65, Denver, Science / Engineering

don't know , he may just be her only offspring that looks after the well being of family .

- Response by headscratching, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 46-55, Science / Engineering

he's either italian, spanish, or hispanic!

- Response by nico76, A Creative, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?

That seems a little strange. HOPEFULLY he's living with her because she needs a caretaker & he's all she's got. But if he's living there because he doesn't want to work or get his life together, I would cruise right out of that path because it doesn't seem too promising. GOOD LUCK! :)

- Response by teeray77, A Thinker, Female, 22-25

a bit strange...

- Response by kramer, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 46-55, Who Cares?

It depends on several factors, I think. Why does he live with his Mom? Has he ever lived on his own? Is his Mother ill and he moved in to care for her? Did he lose his job and had to move back in with her? Has he been ill? If there is a logical reason then I think it's ok. But if he is 50 and has never lived on his own just because...well then I think he may be afraid of being on his own and being away from his Mom.

- Response by isabelvan93, A Creative, Female, 29-35

Let him stay there.

- Response by peanut1, A Thinker, Female, 56-65, Administrative

In many parts of the world it is normal for young men to live with their parents and eventually inherrit the parent's home and property. The oldest woman rules the home, and the son's wife has to obey his mother until mom dies.

That's not as often done in western culture. But its not unusual.

You need to find out why. If there's a good reason for it, cut him a break. If there really doesn't appear to be a good reason for it and it would appear to be an "abnormal" situation, I wouldn't.

- Response by A Guy Critical, Male, 46-55, New York, Who Cares?

I would doubt he is a good catch