If someone is avoiding you, or ignoring you, does that mean they are over you?
Dating / 6:12 PM - Friday November 04, 2011

if someone is avoiding you, or ignoring you, does that mean they are over you?

or does it mean they are just hiding or running from there true feelings that they don't want to face?

It means nothing.

This is something that can be taken completely the wrong way and this person lacks the maturity to be able to communicate with you. It is a common personality disorder to ignore another person. Often it gives the person being ignored mixed emotions and they don't know how to interpret them. For example: some people do this to "make" the other person want them more, others do it to make the other person "wonder" why they are getting silent treatment, and then there are the ones who do it in the hope the other will eventually fade away.

The problem is figuring out which one it is. The solution is ... Communication.

- Response by sunblaze, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 29-35, Artist / Musician / Writer

not necessary that they are over you. they may have some personal problems of their own and just want to be alone.
if it keeps on happening, find out why

It really all depends on how the relationship ended n what happened to end it. My bf n I were broke up, when I seen him at the bar I didn't make it known I seen him. He text me the following day and I ignored it. That weekend I went out to the bar and he asked how I was, told him I was living n walked away. He followed me out to my car and I asked if he was lost. Really.... The entire time I just wanted to wrap my arms around him. Though he broke up with me cuz his life is crap right now. I wanted him to miss me and know how it felt with not having my time n attention. It worked.... Later that nite we ended up at his house, he ot on his knees and begged for me to be his gf again in front of his friends.

Guess what I am saying.... If u want her back and love her... Give it time. And every once in a while (not everyday) shoot her a text saying hello.

they are over you. And want you to go away. real bad.

Move on son. She has.

It means they are over you, so you have to leave it alone now, any further action could be seen as stalking....

- Response by rumloverreturns, A Married Girl, Female, 46-55, Glasgow, Other Profession

It could be that they are shy or avoiding you because they don't like you either. It all depends on the situation.

Whether they are over you or not, matters not. They are doing "no contact" for a reason.

It could be to "finish" the breakup in one of two ways. They need to complete the separation, or they feel you do. Either way, there is no reason for any contact, until both have totally moved on. Maybe then, if they happened to run into you someplace, a "hello" might happen. But never will someone like this seek you out. Not going to happen. Let it all go.

It means they are TRYING to get over you. If they didn't have any feelings left, they would not give a shit when they see you, even with your new lover on your side. Avoiding/running/jealou sy is all form of attachment

If you still have a feeling for her then call her and ask for a coffee talk to clear the fog

Best

- Response by azianchemistry, A Player, Female, 46-55, San Francisco, Who Cares?

means shed done....who knows they all want to come back at one point or another...do yourself a favor and dont let it happen