I'm sick .............
Married Life / 4:44 AM - Friday October 28, 2011

I'm sick .............

I'm seriuos, lately I'm sick of living to pay my bills. I really feel that I'm here to pay bills to t-mobile, timewarner, NYSG, and wegmans. I don't see why else I'm alive.
I wake up workkkkkkk, sleep 6 hours, pay bills, nothing else. I come back home everyday a lone, eat a lone, work a lone, hellllllll I'm sick of that. I have no reason to live except to pay my bills!!!!!!!!
anyone here like that???

"Anyone here like that?" There is a whole world of people living like you are, and worse! It doesn't feel good to work just to pay bills. You have places you want to go. You have things you'd love to buy. You have things you want to do. However, instead of looking at what you don't have, let's take a look at what you DO have. You have a cell phone. Some are living outside. You have time warner cable. Some people's electricity has been cut off due to non-payment.

So, they have no television. Those are luxuries. There are people who have no food, clothing, or shelter. There are people who are REALLY physically sick and can't work at all. They have no insurance and they've lost everything. I know it's all relative. What is sickening to you is valid when you're struggling in your own kind of way. But, always ask yourself, if I took a homeless person, and asked them if they wanted my life, what do you think they'd say?

Believe me, you're complaining about waking up and going to work. But, there are many who didn't live to see today. You talk about working just to pay bills. When there are many who are unemployed and can't pay bills. You're talking about sleeping 6 hours. There are many who have no bed to sleep on. You can say you come back home everyday. There are some who have no home. Or, they come home to a house full of responsibilities that you don't have. Because, you are alone. The only person you have to be concerned with is yourself. You work alone? Great!

There are many who work in teams, and they can't stand their co-workers. You eat alone. You have food to eat. Many do not. Believe me, you might be sick of working to pay bills and nothing else. But, you can look forward to getting a regular paycheck. You might not be able to do anything else you want to do. And, you feel angry at doing nothing but paying bills. But, my goodness lady, you are wealthy compared to what many people are going through! Please, as much as it angers you and as much as you feel there's no other purpose to your life; always be determined to look at what you DO have.

Can you think of ways you can cut down on household expenses? Have you tried to get a part-time job to help you pay off some debts quicker. Your phone plan is it the cheapest you can get? Maybe, you need to get rid of Time Warner and go to Hulu's paid account to watch your favorite shows online. I know it sucks. But, you have to fight the feeling of hopelessness that do come. I'm not trying to say what you feel is not valid. But, you have complete control over how you'll choose to react to your situation. You can look at it as all negative. Or, you can see it for the many blessings that you have compared to others.

I know you want to do more. And, maybe later down the road when you pay some things off you will. I don't know what type of salary you're making. Or, how high your living expenses are. But, you might need to try and get a better paying job. It's hard, but with the right networking and skill level you could try. If you have no skills and you're getting paid peanuts. Then, you'll struggle with these utility companies, cable companies, and living expenses that nickel and dime you while your salary doesn't increase. You also can't try to buy steak with baloney money. You might have to give up some luxuries, if that mean you'll have extra money to do the things you'd like to do. Believe me, I totally understand what you're going through. But, thinking about your situation as you are will only make you feel worse. Good luck.

Why not live for you? If you are feeling like life has nothing to offer, it is probably because you are unhappy with the life you have chosen. So choose another. You have free will. Go. Have fun. Live life. Do something unexpected and exciting. You only live once, might as well enjoy it.

- Response by spiritdude, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 36-45, Denver, Therapist

Join the club. I wish I were beautiful enough to be a "trophy" wife..maybe things would be easier.

- Response by michellekia, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, St.Louis, Other Profession

We all live to pay bills, pay taxes and then die. It's a never ending cycle of life until death. Enjoy your down time, and don't sweat the negative things in life. You'll stress yourself out that way!

- Response by richard77, A Jock, Male, Who Cares?, Self-Employed

If you have any "debt," look into bankruptcy.

You're allowed to "discharge" your consumer debt every seven years, and if you make a higher income, you can set up payment plans for 3 or 5 years, and still have them discharged.

Talk to an attorney, as it takes more than filing paperwork.
Good planning can ensure you emerge from bk in the strongest financial position possible.

- Response by A Career Man, Male, 46-55

my bills are staggering a month

Welcome to Real Life.
We ALL do it.
I work 12 to 15 hours a day, come home, eat, go to bed. And, that's 6 and 7 days a week. And, ALL I work for is bills and food.
How else do you live?? On the streets??

You shouldn't feel like that. Do you have kids? What about your family?

Congratulations, you have achieved feminist/liberal utopia. You are "empowered." Enjoy.

If you keep up with this attitude you will slowly be on the path to depression my dear. If not already.

If you're single, get out and do more. Get yourself involved with volunteering or sign up for a class. The point is to stop feeling like you're all alone. you're not. You just have to get out there and meet people. They are not going to come to you if you're home alone all the time. You have to push yourself in that direction.

Give it a shot. It will be worth your while.

- Response by sweetthing06, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Dallas, Managerial

Yeah,I know what you are going thro.Same here.Work,pay bills.,work,pay bills.It does get to me sometimes.But I do love life.I DO go to Church and it does help.The good Lord give me peace,love,comfort,to get threw another week.Get out with friends or family to break up the same old,same old things.It help.Go to church too it really does help.You will feel like a new person.God Bless you and don't give up.There is more to life than just work and paying bills.

- Response by god49, Female, 46-55

Yeah,I know what you are going threw.Same here.Work,pay bills.,work,pay bills.It does get to me sometimes.But I do love life.I DO go to Church and it does help.The good Lord give me peace,love,comfort,to get threw another week.Get out with friends or family to break up the same old,same old things.It help.Go to church too it really does help.You will feel like a new person.God Bless you and don't give up.There is more to life than just work and paying bills.We eight make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong.The amount of works is the same.Good Luck.

- Response by god49, Female, 46-55

Simplify your life, get rid of all the luxuries and focus on what is necessary, do not buy all the stuff that the advertisers say you should to complete your life, if necessary find a better paying job, or go to school to obtain training in a profession that you love and that will pay you well...there is always a solution if you want it bad enough...I know I have been there...

- Response by lorijones53, Female, 56-65

find yourself a boyfriend and get the hell out of the place you live and get social.
my mom seems to exist on staying home and watching fox news 24/7