Why do men verbal and emotionally hurt me? Does everything happen for a reason?
Dating / 10:30 AM - Saturday October 22, 2011

I woke up this morning and thought to myself, "you know what, I trust that God has something planned for me. He knows what he's doing." I truly believe that

- Asked by Female, Who Cares?

My license plate..not the state one says "IN GOD WE TRUST" many think money...its not at all about that.

- Response by hwyrider, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 56-65, Retired

I haven't noticed God paying attention lately.

Even if God is paying attention, many believers say "God helps those who help themselves." My guess is that your problems relating to men are not because God is doing something wrong. My guess is that the responsibility lies closer to home.

Probably, most likely, because you are too sensitive. ;-) I agree about the God part, I think so too often. :-D

- Response by thetactician, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 26-28, Who Cares?

Don't LET them verbally abuse you. If they do something or say something you don't like, then let them know it right away. Be firm. And if they do it again, cease contact with them. Demand respect. What is it they say and do? Could also be that you are sensitive, but I don't know the situation, so hard for me to know.

Verbal abuse is verbal abuse. And it sometimes leads to physical abuse. It is a red flag. They are being aggressive, and it indicates that something is wrong. I think you are finally waking up to the fact that you have other choices. I hope you make them.

- Response by parent123, A Thinker, Female, 66 or older, Retired

Yes he does, but that does not stop YOU from making BAD CHOICES!

We all seam to do this, I did it! Need to re-evaluate what "ATTRACTS" us to the people we choose in out lives.

THe problem is US not God or Fate or anything else. WE MAKE ALL OF OUT OWN CHOICES!

I believe that God does have a plan for everyone. I also believe everything happens for a reason. Everyone has free will, which means we are able to make our own choices. With each choice we make, we have consequences for them. Our choices may or may not be in line with what God has planned. When it doesn't, you shouldn't blame God, because it is the result of a choice that you made. I also believe that when you make a choice according to God's plan, you will get positive results. I believe that God is good and that when something good happens, that it is a result of God. When something bad/negative happens, it is because of a choice that you made.

- Response by iamboo2, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Charlotte, Therapist

In life, there are victims, and there are those who are ready and willing to abuse them.

"Water seeks its own level," and we each attract to us what we deep-down believe we deserve.

Change what is wrong with you, and you will change who you draw to you.

Good luck!!

- Response by husband, A Career Man, Male, 36-45, Transportation

I prayed to God but he never showed up.

- Response by headscratching, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 46-55, Science / Engineering

Then all will work out

Some men will abuse you as it makes them feel powerful, these ate the ones that cannot maintain a relationship with a woman. Consider the source and ask God to pray for them, they will remain lonely and bitter for ever.. do not make that your problem, pray for them and then let it go

- Response by rumloverreturns, A Cool Mom, Female, 46-55, Glasgow, Other Profession

I dont know what you mean by verbal abuse. Are you just seeing hurtful, inconsiderate men? Are you perhaps misconstruing their comments? Or just choosing jerky guys to spend time with? You deserve treatment.