How Many Interviews Before A Job Offer?
Career / 10:26 PM - Friday October 21, 2011

How Many Interviews Before A Job Offer?

How many interviews should you expect before you are offered a job?

After how many interviews with no offers should you start reflecting whether you are interviewing badly?

Well I recently had exactly 79 interviews before getting my last job. Then one month later they let me go because we were bought by new owners and they thought we were overstaffed so cut the last four people hired. Got to love my life.

- Response by A Thinker, Female, Who Cares?

Tough economy. Unless you can sing or dance, there's not much else you could be doing to interview better. If there's no opportunity out there, make your own. Consider all of those nuts that opened stores during the depression. Some of them survived.

- Response by quikslvr, A Career Man, Male, 36-45, Washington, DC, Lawyer

Guess who is more likely to get the job...the one that doesn't seem to be anxious about it one way or the other.

Self confidence goes a long way, while a lack of it will take you nowhere.

Good luck!!

- Response by husband, A Career Man, Male, 36-45, Transportation

Try practicing. Go to someone ( a relative friend or friend of a friend) who has done hiring. Run a practice interview with them, get their feedback.

Other things to help interviewing, read and research the company. What do they do, what are their current projects?

With one company I had 13 interviews before being told me I was #2 and they went with #1.

I would prepare for the long haul. This is not an easy environment. The best way in is to network and get someone to recommend you in and that have a winning interview.

You need to practice a lot and be confident and build a great story why they should hire you.

- Response by cagirl1985, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 29-35, Administrative