If you want to be treated like a Queen, you have to treat him like a King....
Dating / 11:14 AM - Wednesday October 19, 2011

In the last several years I have seen a rise of some women making list of what men need to do for them and books telling them what to expect, but in the same time these same women and books imply thst women should do nothing in return. To me this is why so many women seem to lose the man they are with.

Ladies, if you are going to demand something from men, you better be able to be worth that demand. I don't know how many times you hear about women on here whining because their guy left them for someone else. If they had no reason to stray, they wouldn't leave. Plain and simple. Relationships are 50/50. You can't sit there and say, "If he wants be me he will move the heavens and earth." Women out populate the world, if you aren't doing anything to keep him happy but expect him to do all these thinge below, there are other women who will. So don't get upset when you lose your man to a woman who makes the effort.

Just something to think about.

- Asked by juandontbeg, A Career Man, Male, 36-45, Self-Employed

Everybody wants to blame somebody, but sometimes ya just gotta blame yourself. It takes a rational person to recognize that.

- Response by drunkmonk, A Couch Potato, Male, 29-35

Actually you got it wrong. Relationships are 100/100 each person should give a 100% to the relationship. 50/50 is more like business partners who keep score of who owes who what. Relationships are not about keeping score! If both individuals only give 50/50 then each is holding back half of himself/herself from the relationship.

I don't think women should demand anything from men except love and respect in a relationship. Same goes for men. I don't demand my husband to treat me like a queen but I am spoiled by him which is all of his own doing. I am a good wife and if I wasn't I don't think he would do the things he does do for me. It is all about being your best no matter if the other person is slacking at times.

I agree 100% with what you said. Women do take the good guys for granted, and sometimes we spend too much time dreaming of a fairy tail when things don't work like this anymore. I thought the list was nice, but way too long- and wish I had a "list" of how men want to be treated. This list was simply things that guys can do to make a woman happy- but not imposing that they have to do these things. The world doesn't revolve around me, and if I don't appreciate some things someone else will.

- Response by stefania07, A Thinker, Female, 22-25, Student

I guess she didn't care for my advice.

Jerk # 340.

I wondered who it would be.

- Response by drumboi2, A Guy Critical, Male, 56-65

you need a life

- Response by alleycat50, A Father Figure, Male, 56-65, Dallas, Who Cares?

Get me a beer.........

I have one simple rule for women with that kind of attitude.

1. Put her on the curb and find a woman who wants to date men.

End of list.

IF you want to be treated as a queen, bring me bacon and scotch

- Response by saman, A Life of the Party, Male, 29-35, Who Cares?

Im glad someone said it. I deal with this problem in relationships more than any other. I blame part of it on society and the media promoting unrealistic ideas, but it also comes down to common sense. If your relationship is all about you, its already doomed.

- Response by spiritdude, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 36-45, Denver, Therapist

Holy Mother of God! Are there really 147 rules? If I was a man I'd be running like hell away from her! I like your idea, treat him like you want to be treated. Doesn't common courtesy and respect work both ways? I mean, I'd never ask a guy to do something (within reason and logic) that I'm not willing to do myself.

I agree, but it works both ways. I've treated a guy like a king, but certainly didn't get treated like a queen. I've talked to way too many men who think it's ok to treat women like crap, but expect to be treated like Gods. Of course, these are the same men who then wonder why women go psycho on them! lol I won't tolerate anything less than 50/50, it has to be give and take or nothing at all, it's not worth my time!

- Response by wende13, A Creative, Female, 36-45, Buffalo, Administrative

Its a good read. My takeaway without unpacking the whole thing is that we all need to be respected and appreciated. Whats love got to do with it??

- Response by istaywired, An Alternative Girl, Female, 46-55, Political / Government

My dad alway said no relationship is 50/50 because no matter how hard you try one person will contribute more than the other....and sorry but women not "taking care" of their men is not the only reason they cheat...men usually cheat because they have something to prove to themselves or they are just plain assholes...I agree women should make sure they did their part before bitching about the man!!

- Response by A Life of the Party, Female, 36-45, Other Profession

The following comment you made really irritated me. "If they had no reason to stray, they wouldn't leave. Plain and simple."

Plain wrong if you ask me. I have known a majority of women who do everything... and then some to make their men happy and what happens? Its often the men who don't appreciate what they have at home, get bored and eventually cheat with someone else. The women in reference haven't let themselves go, do everything they can to make their men happy in and out of the bedroom.

Every situation is different. You can't speak for every man out there.

- Response by sweetthing06, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Dallas, Managerial

I gave my man everything..he was my king..he chose another queen BEFORE he ended it with us...so your rule does not work...