So being 33 and not married
Dating / 9:56 PM - Wednesday October 05, 2011

So being 33 and not married

My chances are slim at this point! I fear that I've reach that age that all hope of marriage it's not an option, my chance are slim, Being 33 it's too old not to be married already....

- Asked by A Creative, Female, 36-45

Why does every one seem to Be LONLEY? I think you have to be happy to be you first...That should be the goal to start with...If you don't like yourself how will others do so? If they can't see your value that is their problem....Girl you need to know how important you are! Don't let others put you in a round hole if you are a square peg! Be yourself...Love Laugh and Dance! The more comfortable you are being yourself you will attract others! You are amazing and need to let yourself know this each day....Honey God does not make mistakes so that means You are Perfect!

- Response by morista, A Creative, Female, 46-55, Managerial

I don't think its to late for you to get married. This day and age A LOT of men and women aren't getting married until they reach their 30s and 40s. Lots of women don't start having kids until they are in their 40s. Never give up because there is ALWAYS a chance. You will meet Mr. Right when the time is right. Good luck and keep your chin up. It will happen when you least expect it.

- Response by spagirlmindy98, A Married Girl, Female, 29-35, Self-Employed

Ur like Jennifer Anniston. All shriveled up, no man wants those eggs and dried up uterus

- Response by A Life of the Party, Female, 29-35, San Antonio

No its not! There's plenty of time. Dont be so hard on yourself. You are just fine! :)

- Response by dahlia22, A Creative, Female, 36-45, Other Profession

Slow down sweetheart. I can see your point..HOWEVER...many, many people that have invested in thier education and careers, do not get married until thier early/mid thirties. I believe that is actually the right time. So many married couples are not happy. The goal for you would be to be happy and fulfilled single or married. If you are wanting children, lots of women have babies up to early 40's. My mom had me at 39. More and more women are getting married later and having babies later. I am 38 years old with 2 small boys that I love dearly. I got married at 26, divorced last year. Now I am a single parent and alone. I left my alcoholic husband b/c I didn't want to raise my boys around that. My Dad had it right..."A woman is better off alone than with a loser"...You will be ok..don't count out marriage and family just yet...:)

- Response by semperfi73, A Career Woman, Female, 36-45, Cincinnati, Executive

Actually...

The older you (they) get, the more likely it is that a man WILL want to marry.

You are just looking at marrying a man who already has children, is all.

This could be considered a positive, or not so much... depending on your situation.

- Response by cutypy5840, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Medical / Dental

You're actually very young and have plenty of time.

- Response by A Guy Critical, Male, 46-55, New York, Who Cares?

When I was in my 20s, all my friends would say "it'll have you've still got plenty of time". They also said that in my 30's. Well, the thing is, NO ONE knows what will happen. People shouldn't keep saying shit like that, because they just don't know. In my mid 30's, I finally realized it wasn't going to happen. You can try anything and everything and it still won't happen if it's not meant to be. And then I realized that I was fine with not getting married, since all my married friends ever did was bitch about their husbands! lol I'd be nice to at least have someone special in my life to share it with, but I don't need a piece of paper to have that. But even that is not meant for everyone. Yes, it's sad, but it's true. Life isn't fair, that's for sure! I'm 40 now, and I just figure I'll be alone forever. Some people do get lucky and meet someone later in life, so you never know for you.

- Response by wende13, A Creative, Female, 36-45, Buffalo, Administrative

No worries now... you will be okay... just take your time... 33 is not old... at all... you've got a good 30 years before you can even start saying you are old... and that's a long time...

- Response by timeforanoverhaul, A Father Figure, Male, 36-45, Managerial

You're never too old (or too young) to learn how to put yourself out there and make new acquaintances.
Mr Right-Now isn't going to just knock on your door.

you still have a chance put yourself out there alittle and the right one will come along good luck

- Response by babygirl4all2no, An Alternative Girl, Female, 29-35, Who Cares?

LOL, no, 33 is NOT too old!!! I got married when I was 30, I have good friends who got married for the first time when they were 37 and 42 and 35. Now, if you want to have children, you are rapidly running out of real estate, but, even there, with modern fertility treatments, etc., it's not a hopeless cause.

All that being said - it is definitely better being single than being married to the wrong person! I love being married, but I am really glad I waited until I met the right guy. If I had remained single, I would still have enjoyed my life. But if I'd married the wrong guy - lifetime of misery, or the misery of divorce... yech!

- Response by curvysmartgirl, A Creative, Female, 46-55, Dallas, Artist / Musician / Writer

Thirty-three us Young and just getting started at a good life..Jump into it..the day of I have to be married and with children by a certain age is ridiculous..I married at 22 and then married at 41..no difference. It is all about enjoying it and seeing what happens. ;.]

- Response by cjs1991, A Creative, Female, 46-55, Teaching

Well, if that's important to you, make sure you are out there creating opportunities to meet people, whether it's church groups, running club, online dating, volunteering etc. Date to experience and confirm who you like/ who you don't like to date. Make the most of life, enrich yourself until you meet the one.

If 50 year old virgin men can find love and marry, you have absolutely nothing to fear.

And, 50 year old virgin men ARE finding love for the first time and getting married.

I got married just before I turned 33. Before I turned 33, I had a lot of chances to get married--I just didn't like any of the people who wanted to marry me enough before I met the man I knew I had to marry.

If you want kids, you still have at least ten years to have a healthy pregnancy with absolutely no extraordinary measures--you can have a healthy baby up till age 45 nowadays with very little chance of birth defects. Don't let idiots pressure you into changing your life before you're ready to change it. Enjoy your life and let things happen when you're ready for them to happen.

I'm 36 and I got engaged in April earlier this year. I met my fiance last year. Another friend of mine got married last year when she was 37. No, it is not too late for you. You'll find someone!

I know people that got married a lot older than that so just hang in their it will come to you

Um I just got married for the first time last year...age 36...no it's not slim that you will....quit thinking about it

- Response by lk2mvit, A Life of the Party, Female, 36-45, Other Profession

im 41 it wont happen for me now, it gets easier once u mentally accept it