Why is it such a bad thing to be "sensitive"?
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 2:17 AM - Saturday September 17, 2011

why is it such a bad thing to be "sensitive"?

Some people say I'm too sensitive. I understand that sometimes being too sensitive conveys that you care too much of what others think. But is that such a bad thing? I mean, don't you like seeing how other people think and sometimes agree with whatever it is that they say? But other than that, what's so wrong with being too sensitive? I kind of feel like being sensitive means that I care but sometimes TOO MUCH. But I just dont understand how that can necessarily be a bad thing. What do you guys think??

- Asked by shancook07, An Alternative Girl, Female, 22-25, Who Cares?

Are we talking about the same thing though, do you mean that you really care for peoples feeling and dont want to see them upset, or do you mean you take what people say to you to heart and get hurt easy?

The first one is good but you need to think about yourself a bit more and not keep giving to others all the time.

The second one is used by rude people, they will call you names or say something rude and then tell you your being to sensitive.. its a passive aggressive tactic for the people that have low intelligence and, when lost for better words call names..

- Response by rumloverreturns, A Cool Mom, Female, 46-55, Glasgow, Other Profession

Being sensitive means you have a soft heart and there's nothing wrong with that.More should be like us.

It isn't. Just something to be aware of and protect yourself from the scoundrels in this world (male and female) who would seek to exploit that.

- Response by joeux, A Creative, Female, 66 or older