Ladies between 35-43, would you date a 54 y/o man ...
Dating / 7:32 PM - Friday September 16, 2011

... provided he was fit/in shape, looked young for his age, and was willing to have children? ANd please give your age when responding. Thanks!

- Asked by An Intellectual Guy, Male, 46-55, Atlanta, Who Cares?

When I was between 35 and 40, I would probably have considered him too old. When I was between 40 and 43, I might have been more open to dating him...but I still would have considered him pretty old. Now, at age 49, I wouldn't consider him too old. But if he's going after 35 year olds, I'd consider him an idiot.

I am 22 and have dated a guy who is now probably in his early 40's. I would if I found you attractive and sweet enough. I don't think age matters as much as people think.

- Response by thegirl8000, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 22-25

Im 36, and no, i wouldnt...i dont date over 46 or under 34...its a rule ive learned thru personal experience :-)

- Response by sherocks, A Creative, Female, 36-45, Dallas, Internet / New Media

My gf in in the lower end of that age range and I am 54...she says she wouldn't have it any other way.

im 40....younger guys never work for me ive dated mostly older men my entire life

- Response by galdeen, A Creative, Female, 36-45, Administrative

They're not available now, but my cousin is 37 and is engaged to a 51-year old man, and a 39-year old woman I know just had a baby with her 55-year-old husband.

The new parents are also newlyweds, both divorced from people they married when young and foolish, and it's clearly a "honeymoon baby," as they got married last year.

So my small survey tells me that there are women in that age range who date men in their early-mid 50s. Both of these women are very bright and attractive, and have never had trouble meeting men. Maybe you should be dating in NYC...

- Response by newyorker80, A Creative, Female, 29-35

Well, I'm 56 and my fiance is 40. I'd say you'd probably have better luck on the higher end of that age range than on the lower end, but you just never know. I never went out dating with the idea of trying to find a significantly younger woman and I didn't go into it with an age range like you seem to be doing. You just have to deal with what's out there. So...let me ask you something. If you met a 50 yr old woman who had a wonderful heart and personality, was attractive, fit and in shape and looked young for her age, would you date her, or pass her over because she's above your stated age range? Or how about a 28 yr old who is ready to settle down and tired of the games the younger men play? Would you give it a chance? My point is, don't narrow your options and you might be surprised who you find.

- Response by A Rebel, Male, Who Cares?, Who Cares?

I just turned 36 and my Husband is 42. 8 years is about my cap in older ages. I dated a guy 13 years my senior when I was 31 and he was handsome, good shape, hard worker, nice guy and neither of us wanted kids so that was no issue. We had fun together. But he had a LOT Of experience over me-- an ex wife to whom he was married to for 20 years. They had 5 adult kids together. His ex wife was awesome and so were his kids--a really cool family so no issues there.

But wow... 20 years of marriage, 20 years on a job, several cross country moves and those 13 years were just a lot of life that made him seem too mature for me.

After about 6 mths I started realizing we had some experience differences that were creeping in--I didn't want to sit around the house, I didn't want to go sit around people his age or older all the time. He didn't want to move towards the coast as I had planned to--his family was here and he was tired of moving and he was about to become a Grandpa by his oldest son. Something about dating a Grandpa just hit me. We ended amicably.

I think if I were 43, 54 wouldn't be an issue.

You shouldn't have much of a problem. I say this because my mom is 38 and most of her single friends are in those ages and except for one who is known for being a cougar, they are all with guys in their 50s. One is 43 and she's dating a 65 yr old, although I was honestly shocked when I found out his age because I figured he was about 48 before I knew his age. But they seem like they are happy and it's all working out for them. This guy is a widower and he and his late wife adopted a son who is now 14. This man's 43 yr old girlfriend has two sons who are 13 and 11. Because this guy is raising a teenager himself, I'm guessing he'd mesh better with his current girlfriend than he would with someone 55+ who was done raising kids since their lifestyles would be more compatible. You said you are willing to have children. Does that mean you WANT to have them or that you would if she wants them? Because if you want to have them, a lot of women in those ages have already been there, done that and may not want to go there again, but there are always exceptions. Good luck to you.

- Response by A Sportif, Female, 22-25, Who Cares?

Yes I did. I was 40 he was 54. And I still have his heart.

my sister did, she's 37 and dated a man in his 50's. my sisters very pretty, petite, etc. she said he was in awesome shape and did no way look to be in his 50's. and fyi, she said it was the best sex ever!!

- Response by nicky711, A Thinker, Female, 36-45

After thirty age makes no difference..I am Forty-Three..and my husband is 66..never even think of the age difference..We met on AO. ;.] We have a great Mt. View and a wonderful Life! ;.]

- Response by cjs1991, A Creative, Female, 46-55, Teaching

I see that this question is targeted for ladies. However, I must say that age is more of a problem in this country than overseas. You can get a woman young enough to be your daughter without a problem, but not in the USA.

- Response by int24h, A Career Man, Male, 36-45, Alternative Medicine

as long as he has money most would

Back when I was 30-31, I was with a man who was 45, so thats 15 years older than me. He was very handsome, in great shape, it was all good. He was more mature and sexier than most guys my age at the time. So I'd say yes.

- Response by rhonda35, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

My husband is 54, I am 39. We met when I was 35, he just turning 50. We've now been married for 2 years. We were both married before. We both had waited a long time before we found each other. It was meant to be. Neither of us have ever been this happier before in ALL areas of the relationship. Don't let age guide you,...if it's meant to be, it's meant to be!

- Response by mocha72, A Thinker, Female, 36-45

I wouldn't date an older guy, who is more than 10 years older. I am/was always younger looking for my age, and dated younger guys than me. Maybe women who are more mature looking would choose an older guy. My last bf was 57 less than 10 years older than me, and people thought he was my father. I liked his maturity because I was also mature, but he was not very fit and not having very healthy life style, maybe that's why he looked so much older than me, but also, even at 48, I looked 35.

Also, I've heard and know alot of stories when younger women married men 17-20 years older than them, and after they have a younger lover on the side.

- Response by A Sweet Sarah, Female, Who Cares?, New York

You're too old for a 35 year old.

10 years is okay, any more than that and you begin to seem pedophilic.

- Response by A Player, Female, 26-28, Who Cares?

I'm 31 and i would.

- Response by jongrrl, A Cool Mom, Female, 29-35, Miami, Teaching

I've only dated older men... my husband is about 18 years older than me. I wouldn't trade him for anyone else! I would rather be with someone I'm attracted to and actually have things in common with than someone I'm "supposed to" be with just because we're the same age.

- Response by STGchick, A Thinker, Female, 26-28, Military

I wish I find one even older than 54. I'm 42.

You are asking if age matters to THEM but that makes me wonder...why does it matter to YOU and why are you picking women between 35 and 43....why are YOU discriminating in this way? Why not women between 44 and 60? After all women in THAT age group would be closer to your own generation and be able to relate better to you.

- Response by joybird, A Career Woman, Female, Who Cares?, Who Cares?

I think it takes a few more things than you mention to create attraction, because I'm not getting a nibble.

Date ????

My 32 year old wife goes out once a week with with a 57 year old man she knows. They go for dinner, dancing, then back to his place. She'll come home around 9 the next morning.

- Response by A Life of the Party, Male, 29-35, Who Cares?

You forgot one thing...Do you Have "Kavorka" ??

- Response by hedo2nj, A Player, Male, 36-45, Other Profession