What's the difference between a bed bug & flea(tick)???
House & Home / 7:17 AM - Tuesday September 13, 2011

I tried googling images but they look alike. I just noticed 2 on my mattress and 3 on my sheets!!! I was asleep when I woke up with a horrible itch on my toes and upper back. :(( I do have a dog by the way. If there bed bugs will they turn to fleas or whatever and attack my dog?? If bed bugs how can I get rid of them?

- Asked by crystalsordiamonds, A Trendsetter, Female, 22-25, Student

If the dog sleeps in the bed, they could be fleas. Fleas JUMP...and are brown and have a flat body. Ticks are larger than fleas, do not jump, and suck blood and plump up...they are shaped like small watermelon seeds with legs--before they fill up. I have never seen a bed bug and hear they are horribly hard to get rid of. Try a good flea killer--like frontline or advantix on your dog--if it sleeps in the bed..the fleas will be attracted to the dog and the flea med will kill them if that doesn't work.... research the bedbug killers, you may have yo call an exterminator.

- Response by bobbysg1rl, A Cool Mom, Female, 36-45

If they are in the bed then most likely they are bed bugs ...if they are on the dog then most likely they are fleas..

If you have not had problems before with bed bugs then has your dog been on your bed..Fleas Jump and they are brown..treating your dog with something for Fleas should help..bed bugs you are not going to find just three..they get in between the sheets, the mattresses..they have a Rid spray for bed begs..always consult a professional if the spray does not work. ;.]

- Response by cjs1991, A Creative, Female, 46-55, Teaching

I think it probably a flea. I will be honest bed bugs are so small you need some kind of microscope to see. You can tell if it bed bugs look at it your sheets closey if you see blood spots than you know... Fleas are bigger than bed bugs..

Fleas can be on the bed if the dog jumps on the bed even if the dog walked by your bed fleas can jump. I hope it fleas. Get a pet comb and comb your dog dip hair in the water look over the dogs hair and you should be able to see fleas. Its easier to kill fleas bomb your bedroom...

That's a really good question! I haven't seen a bed bug before,
so I'm not sure what they look like. But if you say bed bugs look like fleas, than I can just imagine. Fleas and ticks, I believe need a "host" to feed off of. However bed bugs don't need a host (I'm guessing), and just do their thing. Going from
bed to bed, pissing people off! lol

- Response by suzyscorp, A Career Woman, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?