My fwb is Asking serious questions!
Dating / 9:19 PM - Sunday September 11, 2011

My fwb is Asking serious questions!

We've been fwb for years,no problems for either of us. then one day out of the blue he wonders out loud how much it would cost to live together. and has made several audible wonder how we would do as a couple staements. we seem in a lot of ways what the other person is looking for.so is this about to turn into something more? i havent put any pressure for more because we agreed that it was what it was. has anyone ever had a fwb turn into something more?

Update: September 12, 2011.
thanks for all that responded! just wanted to say its not about money,he works 12 hour days 5 days a week. we have been close friends for 20 years and neither had time for a 'real relationship'. we between us have 1 kid under 18 and its mine. we do things together besides sex,and spend a lot of time tallking in between.true friends. i think in the beginning he thought he knew me.but now i think he really does. we have mutual respect for each other,

Times are tough everywhere.
He sees two good benefits for himself: sex whenever he wants it (which is all a FWB is), and a roomie to help share bills. It only makes sense to combine both together, so that he can access you anytime, and he already knows you so won't need to screen anyone to share an apartment with.

Unless he has specifically said he wants to be exclusive and that he loves you as a GF, that is all he wants.

It happens every time,
Freinds with benefits always leads to someones broken heart....

- Response by stanorocks, A Guy Critical, Male, 36-45, Denver, Therapist

well he figures u already get along, u probably do things outside of the bedroom that makes him think u'd be good as a girlfriend too. i don't know about the living together thing so soon, but maybe try and actually date?

- Response by nicky711, A Thinker, Female, 36-45

It seems like that question would be completely up to you at this point.

Although he could be wondering - but still be too afraid to commit.

The best way to know is to try. If you don't, it's going to change anyway because it's come to a fork. =-)

- Response by cutypy5840, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Medical / Dental

Make sure it's not just for financial purposes.Ask him if you are now more than a FWB.

Never have, never will. But to each their own.

- Response by king313, A Rebel, Male, 29-35, Detroit, Civil Service

At your ages he probably is contemplating moving forward into a real relationship. I would think at this stage he wouldn't feel that need to talk around what he truly want, just to see if you want the same thing. He should be able to talk to you openly about his feelings changing and his desire to have a committed romantic relationship with you. I still would not assume it. I would let him talk to me and clearly state this. If this is how you feel, I think you should do the same. No assuming or misunderstandings. Good luck.

I think that might of been his plan all along. It does happen though and sometimes it doesn't turn out.