Do men hate being rejected for sex
Sex & Intimacy / 9:16 AM - Sunday September 04, 2011

do men hate being rejected for sex

what i would like to know is how does a guy feel when his wife or girlfriend rejects his sexual advances. i read in some articles that men feel less like a man when their wife or girlfriend turns them down sexually or engages in sex only to shut them up. is there any truth to this?

Update: September 04, 2011.
i totally agree with tuppinski . i'm asking this question just to better understand what i read. it's not a personal question of mines.

- Asked by ceelove89, A Career Woman, Female, 22-25, Philadelphia, Teaching

The first couple of times, no. But if there is a consistent pattern of rejection, one begins to wonder if he's done something wrong, or if he's no longer desirable. It's at this point that some men might begin to seek it elsewhere to validate themselves.

- Response by wudaddy, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 29-35, Dallas, Law Enforcement

I wouldn't know.

:)

mmmm....put yourself in our place.....if you asked your S/O for sex....made romantic moves....and were turned down....it doesn't feel so good, does it?.......and when it happens a lot...you just quit asking or trying.......

- Response by mamu, A Thinker, Female, Who Cares?, Who Cares?

How does a woman feel when her husband or boyfriend rejects HER sexual advances?

Women tired of having to "lay up under the wrong man and get 'it' over with!"

Man saw wife or girlfriend didn't want him in the first place, but forced himself on her anyway--he then complains when she finally speaks up for herself and says: "NO--BECAUSE I'VE NEVER WANTED YOU, I JUST ROLLED UP UNDER YOU BECAUSE I WAS WHAT "YOU" WANTED!"

- Response by thedaimler2006, An Alternative Girl, Female, 56-65, Atlanta, Self-Employed

Nobody likes to be turned down for sex. Not men. Not women.

Its these men that are more likely to go elswhere for sex!

Ive only ever had 1 partner say no to sex because she wasnt feelin to great an tired,didnt bother me at all. Rest of the time my sex life has been real fun.

- Response by cheekymatt25, A Career Man, Male, 29-35, London, Body Work

well it doesn't make us happy thats for sure

Yes.. and tuppinski is very right I think too.. When you are in a committed realtionship or marriage and one person uses sex as a measure of control or as a weapon it destroys the heart from within and the rejection is no simple thing... I lived it.. and it wasn't a desire so much for sex as it was for intimacy and closeness to express our love together... so the many times I got the glare and the "no-you're being a pervert" look.. the less I felt love and closeness....
There is sex, and there is lovemaking... I'm hoping I'm not in the minority.. I really dont' think I am... but lovemaking to me solidifies your bond.. rejection destroys it...

- Response by timeforanoverhaul, A Father Figure, Male, 36-45, Managerial

Once or twice for a specific good reason, is acceptable. If it is a consistent pattern then something is clearly wrong.

In most cases it is time to move her to the curb with the recycling. Sex is an intrinsic part of most relationships period.

If appetite levels are at different levels, both parties are going to be put out.

If she lied about her appetite levels, a person really does not want to be with a lier.

If it is power games, that is absolute BS. Power games are never fun and someone is going to lose and feel hurt. So eliminate the pain.

I do not feel less of a man, I just feel used. Consequently I eliminate the problem and move on.

- Response by archerchef, A Player, Male, 56-65, Vienna, Who Cares?

if your not up for it cause your too sick or tired occaisionaly no big deal but to constantly reject it and refuse to play i feel its abusive and totally damaging to the relationship.if he cant get off with you then who is he supposed to get off with? ol rosey palm gets old fast why did you get together anyway if you cant please each other sexually. hell a quick romp is over in a few minutes and you cant be bothered for that not a good thing a balanced sex drive is important or one will end up feeling used and the other neglected a sure fire recipe for problems fights and infidelity

- Response by kjman, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 46-55, Construction

Three weeks ago I made love to my wife and she didn't orgasm before I came. So she closed her eyes and fingered herself to an amazing series of orgasms. I said she's never cum like that before and she said not with me.

Since then she's been masturbating a lot, and turning me down a lot. A few times we've started to have sex but 10 minutes in she'll roll me over and say I'm done and she'll close her eyes and masturbate leaving me there with a throbbing stiffy.

She's masturbated before but she use to look at me while doing it and not have orgasms like that. Last week i realized that one of her toys had been moved to the top bedside draw, it is a clone a willy of her exboyfriend.

- Response by A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 36-45, Self-Employed