Why is my ex being so mean to me?
Dating / 4:10 PM - Wednesday August 31, 2011

why is my ex being so mean to me?

I was dating my ex-boyfriend for 2 years before we broke up. He broke up with me and then started dating someone quickly after. He says that she makes him so happy and that it was a surprise and he cares so much about her. And that was the last conversation we had.

He recently called me and left a message saying to call him back because it's important. I thought, in civility I would call him back. When I did, he would just say mean things like how even though I just moved out of my parents' house I didn't really go anywhere since I'm living in the same town.

He then proceeded to say that my new facebook picture doesn't look like me because I'm "not that thin". I told him I was trying to get more fit and eat healthier and he replied with, "so I just needed to break up with you for you to lose weight? maybe i should've broken up with you sooner." I told him that was low and he proceeded to say that he had something important to tell me but had to get off the phone and that if I wanted to know what it was to call him later.

I refused to play into that game and a few hours later he called back but the mean spirited quips and jabs about how wonderful his new girlfriend is continued so I hung up the phone. Now he won't stop calling me and I just ignore his phone calls.

I just want to know what's going on. He was never a mean person like this when we were dating or when we were friends. I don't understand how HE broke up with ME and moved on before me and feels the need to be angry at me for some reason. If I wasn't that great of a girlfriend when we were together like he said, why would he keep wanting to stay in contact with me?

- Asked by A Creative, Female, 29-35, Los Angeles, Artist / Musician / Writer

And why are you talking to this turd? He's your ex for a reason. Remember? He's also dragging you down to make you feel bad so that you come crawling back, which you are.

Pls don't tell me you said "let's be friends". It's over, finished, he is not being your friend, is he?

I'm sorry, but you deserve better, way better, have some self respect and find someone who also respects you.

- Response by sunblaze, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 29-35, Artist / Musician / Writer

why do you answer his calls? why isnt he deleted on fb? grr...tbh, i think it isnt as rosy with the new gurl as he would have you believe.

- Response by sherocks, A Creative, Female, 36-45, Dallas, Internet / New Media

WOW what an asshole! It sounds like he still has feelings for you and deep down he wishes he could still have you. Be glad you found out his true side and can now move forward.

- Response by msgg, A Creative, Female, 36-45, Managerial

It's simple, he's trying to make you miserable. One of my ex's broke up with me because I didn't contact her (I had to learn for exams and even told her that I'd be absent for some time). She thought I'd beg her for forgiveness, but it backfired because I saw through it and we never got together again. She broke up EXPECTING to manipulate me to change something in my behavior. Maybe your ex tried to do the same and he's too proud to beg for a second chance. You know, there's an old saying:"Those who try too hard to prove something-prove nothing". So if he's so bent on saying how great his new gf is... :-D Don't waste time on that loser.

- Response by thetactician, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 26-28, Who Cares?

All is not paradise in his life, and it seems that he isn't all you once thought he was either. Keep ignoring his calls, and move on dear. Life awaits you!! Best wishes for a happy one! :D

The question isn't why he keeps wanting to be in contact with you,
the question is since you know he's being mean to you and treating you like crap, why are you allowing this to happen? Don't give a crap why he's being mean. Use his red flag as a warning sign for you to move on. Block his a** and don't look back!

- Response by syncaset, A Creative, Male, 46-55, Dallas, Artist / Musician / Writer

Does it matter? Its an ex. There's no reason to talk to him.

He's trying to make you jealous. Start calling him when you know he's no a date with the new GF. And since she checks his texts.....

- Response by inotnuts, A Father Figure, Male, 36-45, Newark, Retired