How long should I wait for a reply to a facebook message I sent?
Friendship / 1:14 PM - Thursday August 25, 2011

I sent a facebook message to someone 2 days ago and still haven't gotten a reply. This morning on my chat it said that the person was online but I didn't get a response to my message.

- Asked by mindy5432, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 26-28

Why not CALL the person and talk to them?

They may have only signed on for a minute or a specific purpose not having enough time to respond to your message in the way they would like to. Sometimes that happens to me, I just don't have the time to put any real thought into my response at that particular time. Also just because it says they are signed in does not mean they are necessarily sitting at their computer still. I pretty much stay signed in & walk away from it throughout the day. I think you should just call them up because it seems to really be bothering you. Talking to them might make you feel better. If they just had no intention of responding at all, well then that person is just rude.

- Response by melmac, A Thinker, Female, 29-35

longer than you did to post this same question again...

no really, i would say a week...but it depends on what its concerning.

- Response by sherocks, A Creative, Female, 36-45, Dallas, Internet / New Media

You might think this is unusual but my GF sometimes takes two months to get back to me. She's just like that. Once she took four and I was upset. I travel the world and I haven't seen her for almost a year. But I trust her and we enjoy the anticipation.

- Response by sunblaze, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 29-35, Artist / Musician / Writer

Some people just don't answer messages. Why not message them in chat when they are online. You can always try to message them again, if they don't answer figure out another way to contact them.

- Response by Morgiee4, A Married Girl, Female, 22-25, Home Maker

You're not supposed to wait for anything in life.

If it's that urgent, message them again explaining the urgency.

I've worked with people that have replied after 6 months of the original message.

How long should you wait before what??
You call them, write them again, Write them off?
If they wanted to respond they would have by now.

What's the hurry?

You're not going to rate anyway....

- Response by richard77, A Jock, Male, Who Cares?, Self-Employed