Marrying a man whos been married twice?
Married Life / 11:18 PM - Wednesday July 27, 2011

Marrying a man whos been married twice?

I'm 28 year old woman, never been married...im dating a man in his early 30's who has been married twice before. We have talked about his previous relationships and why they didnt work out, his explinations are honest and complicated. but i get the sense that he rushed into both marriages and im sure there are details he's leaving out. Things have moved rather quickly between us as well, we talk about our future and he is clear that he wants to marry again and loves me...red flag?

How long you been together??? It could be a red flag or it might be he doesn't like to be alone. As we all know there is usually more to the story than we may ever know, or want to know. I would proceed cautiously, and tell him you don't wanna rush anything. If he loves you and wants to marry you, then he will respect your decision.

- Response by A Life of the Party, Female, 36-45, Other Profession

Been there with a female; RUN!!!!!!

Does he work in a pharmacy? haha

- Response by An Alternative Girl, Female, Who Cares?

I think you should find out EXACTLY what caused his two divorces before you go further. Talk to his friends and family.

In other words, get to know him much better before making a committment. Give it time. If you are really sure of him, then make a committment. Not before. A year of dating would probably be in order. He will understand if he is serious about you.

- Response by parent123, A Thinker, Female, 66 or older, Retired

Take things slowly. If you've only been dating less than two years, I would proceed with caution and not rush into things too quickly. Like others said, find out what caused them to break up

Is there any way you can talk to his ex's to get the rest of the story? Stay engaged at least 2 years on this one....

take it slow,ask why? he's been married twice. i know someone who didnt ask any questions. and there paying for it now...beware.

- Response by campy1, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 56-65, Retail

Most people I know have been married twice. First time too young when it was before 'living with someone' and who knows why the second time it didn't work.

I certainly have myself but now my ex has been divorced AGAIN as he married the piggy he left me for..oops that didn't work either. hmm. Now I have an old boyfriend who has just gotten divorced for the fifth time (altho he was married twice to one of them).

Have to just wait and see later one...but you never know someone all the way anyway.

Sweetie, follow the J-Lo advice on this one: If he's been married and divorced two times already, then before you go down the aisle with him, you must make sure that he's fixed all the problems with him, that have lead to the twice married syndrome. A man (or woman) doesn't do this two times and not be a contributor (a big one) to the demise of the marriage(s). So, before you commit, he better have figured out what he did wrong and have fixed it.

I would definitely say you should try to be with this person for a couple of years before you get married and hopefully you weren't dating him while he was married to either of the two other women. My cousin is with a guy that was married 3 times and he'd previously dated her while he was married to one of the women years ago. She married the guy and he's basically a manipulative, controlling SOB.

He's not physically abusive which is why she's still with him, but I suspect if she gets to a point where she feels like she can be financially independent the marriage will dissolve, but only time will tell.

- Response by butch007, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 29-35, Philadelphia, Artist / Musician / Writer

Dont get married. What do you think marriage means??? No reason to get married, if you marry its a huge commitment and expensive to get out. Do Not Do it. Your relationship will work out better if you do not marry.

- Response by sofi999, A Trendsetter, Female, 46-55, New York, Home Maker

married twice = two time looser.

- Response by dambreaker, A Father Figure, Male, 56-65, Retired