I need y'alls opinion...
Sex & Intimacy / 11:33 AM - Tuesday July 26, 2011

I need y'alls opinion...

So I have this part-time that I work on Saturday

nights. I share the shift with another girl. She

worked for me a few weeks back and when she did

I offered to work her shift which is this Saturday.

But when she texted last week to make sure I was

working last Saturday I offered again to take her

shift but didn't get a reply. So I made plans.

Now today she is asking me to work her shift.

this Saturday.

Only problem I've now made plans

So should I rearrange my plans

and work or should I tell her I can't work the

shift since she left me hanging for so long?

Update: July 26, 2011.
Thanks to everyone that answered. I'm going to work the shift and just be late for my girlfriends birthday party.Heres the back story. She worked my shift for me in early July which I asked her to work for me in mid June. When she did that I offered to work her shift this weekend so she could have a few days off since we share the shift and alternate weeks.I sent her several messages with the offer with no reply from her. So I assumed that she didn't want to do it and made plans.Then I get the message from her today. I did explain to her that I never got a yes or no from any of my messages to her so I assumed it was no I also let her know that I make plans based upon if I have to work or not.(that was my way to let her know she should do the same). But she's a youngum and in my experience they just don't plan or always follow through.

- Asked by phenomenal1woman, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Chicago

I would rearrange my plans. The fact that you didn't hear from her before now means very little. Maybe she just assumed you were going to work because this is what was previously agreed upon and she didn't feel a need to confirm until right before the weekend. I think it is only right to work for her seeing as she helped you out when you needed her to work for you.

You are not obligated any longer to follow thru unless you want to as in "i need the money"....next time she will learn to let you know in time.

So last Saturday she texted you to confirm that you are working her shift this Saturday? And you said yes, if you want me to and she didn't respond? Today is Tuesday. She didn't answer your text Saturday, Sunday or Monday. It's up to you. If your plans are hard to break, I would tell her you already made plans since she didn't respond but if you can rearrange them, I would. I'm too nice I guess. You still owe her a swap right

No, you should not rearrange your plans. She needs to learn that an offer is not long-standing...if she wanted you to work for her, she should have gotten back to you. Something probably just came up so she thought she'd see if you could, but---you have a life too.

- Response by bobbysg1rl, A Cool Mom, Female, 66 or older

It's only Tuesday.. I'd take the shift..

- Response by secilia, An Alternative Girl, Female, 29-35, Athens, Body Work

I would rearrange my plans too. That was the agreement - you had already offered, so maybe you should have left that date open just in case. But in the future, I would explain that if there's a shift change, you would need to know by a certain date.

- Response by dkurt, Female, 46-55

This may not be the last time she does this. It may be ongoing. She may be the type that needs the money but, not the type that really wants to work for it. She did not inform you in time so do not inform her you will cover. She is on the hook alone. Do not wiggle on it with her. Too bad. So sad.

- Response by nomadbum, Female, 46-55, Chicago, Self-Employed

I would let her work. You were proactive about covering her shift and she just kinda ignored you. Now that she wants it off, she has come crawling back.

- Response by sillysquids2, A Thinker, Female, 22-25, Who Cares?

If the plans aren't that important and can be easily changed, go ahead and work, take the money. Although, be sure to be straight forward with this woman about what you had to do and your expectations for the future.

If you really can't change your plans, then don't. Still, tell this woman how to handle a work request in the future.

- Response by hooperx, A Guy Critical, Male, 46-55, Washington, DC, Medical / Dental

I would rearrange my plans providing that this is a long term employee that has not left you in the dark before and someone that you would have to rely on to do swaps with in the future as well.

This is strictly an in the future idea so as to prevent a similar situation and not just in regards to work either. about 12-24 hours before you solidify your plans send a message that states something like "Just checking one more time, if I don't hear from ya in __ hours I will just assume that ____ "Ya don't need me", "You can't make it" or "Your not planning to take out your 65' Donzi this weekend. Don't worry it will be full of petrol when you get it back. You do still have the same account # at the marina's filling station don't ya? Well they will just recognize the boat so it's all good, see ya in a week or so." (Yeah that last one was a bit of a stretch but ya never know so ya got to swing for the fences, ha...ha...)

- Response by azuwish, A Rebel, Male, 36-45, St.Louis