Men - is dealing with a high-strung woman really that bad?
Dating / 10:35 PM - Sunday July 17, 2011

Yes, I consider myself a high-strung woman and I seem to notice a pattern in my relationships that my anxiety tends to interfere. I'm working on reducing my anxiety, but of course, it's hard to break a bad habit you've had for years.

My most recent ex boyfriend told me a few days ago that should I get this more under control, he would like to give our relationship another shot.

I really want to learn how to deal with anxiety and stress better for my own sake, but I'd also like to get back with my ex as well.

Try drinking with me

- Response by strongbow, A Jock, Male, 29-35, Who Cares?

You could seek counsel to explore why you are so anxiouse. Some times it is just our genetic make up .
Breathing exercizes , exercize in general, the foods that you eat Bvitamins might help ...you could go to a nutritionalist
and then there is always medications if all that fails...

Go to the doctor and get some counseling to get it under manageable control.

Sometimes it's not something you can just control like a habit, it's just how your brain is wired and how the chemicals in your brain react. Meds are the only thing that can really help if that is the case.

- Response by wende13, A Creative, Female, 36-45, Buffalo, Administrative

What things are you already working on to reduce your anxiety?

Have you tried NLP (neuro linguistic programming) - it retrains your brain while you're in a relaxed state or asleep. It really works. There are apps you can buy. I strongly recommend it.

Mediation helps too. And doing affirmations out loud.

Also, check out the enneagram. In particular, look at Type 6, people who are motivated by fear & anxiety. Look at some of the suggestions given for that type of person.

Have you had counselling? Give this a go as well.

- Response by lisbethhealth43, A Creative, Female, 46-55, London

Just Curious.....What do you mean by "high strung". Give some examples of your behavior.

- Response by handsomedetroitguy, A Father Figure, Male, 36-45, Detroit, Political / Government