Do you celebrate wedding anniversary when separated? (do or not do)
Married Life / 11:30 PM - Sunday July 10, 2011

Help out there? My marriage is in trouble after 21 yrs. We are currently separated-Her choosing-going on 7 weeks. We are cordial. Our Anniversary is this month. It's hurting.

Update: July 21, 2011.
Separated on our wedding anniversary today has been rough (21yrs). I did bake her a gift this afternoon with intentions of not getting anything in return. The message read: "ENJOY YOUR 8X8 BROWNIES--"GOOD MOOD FOOD"-- LIGHT YOUR CANDLE AND MAKE A WISH-I DID(I GOT TO LICK THE SPOON)". I received a text message from her thanking me for the brownies.--I hope that our wishes were the same; I'm hoping.

- Asked by ringfinger04, A Creative, Male, 46-55

It would depend on why you split and if there's any real chance of getting back together. If there was cheating involved, then no don't celebrate. If she has said she still loves you and needs time or something like that, then maybe. But since it was her choosing to split, I would say it's up to her and not you. If she invites you, then you can decide, but I wouldn't invite her first and put making a fool of yourself on top of the pain your feeling.

- Response by used2bsane, A Guy Critical, Male, 56-65, Denver, Other Profession

call her and ask her if she wants to go to dinner...

The one time I got up the guts to leave my then husband we didn't celebrate anything. It ws the fourth of July and I went off wtih my daughter to the parade. I did give him a heartfelt card but I got nothing.

When he ws seperated after one year of his third marriage I happen to know that they saw each other but the marriage fell apart anyway.

Only if you want to try to work things out.

- Response by unrulykatsis, A Cool Mom, Female, 36-45, Self-Employed

Do not think about my marriage every June 20. No need to.
Since you are still married, would not think about it....Let her fume.....

you can but probably not together

You'll feel pretty stupid next month, if you celebrate with her.