Why do we only remember the good stuff? Why does nostalgia hurt?
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 5:56 PM - Tuesday July 05, 2011

It's midnight here, I should go to bed.

Instead I'm reading through old emails in search of a confidence boost, to remind me of the times men wanted me. To read that he saw something special in me and he couldn't not be closer to me.

I ended up hating his guts - so why do I do this to myself?!

- Asked by alex86, A Hippie Chick, Female, 29-35

You do it to yourself because you get confidence from *outside yourself* - you get it from the approval of a man.

That's a bad way to get confidence because it's FAKE. You only have self-esteem when somebody else decides to value you, NOT when YOU decide to value yourself. You need to learn to find confidence from within yourself, not from the whims of a man or anyone else.

I'm the opposite.
I linger on the bad stuff.

Nostalgia hurts because its like a court case,always looking for the what if. what if I did this? why didn't I do that?

- Response by guy506, A Guy Critical, Male, 46-55, Houston, Other Profession

Memories can be beautiful and yet, what's too painful to remember, we simply choose to forget!