Are younger guys going after older women more these days?
Dating / 10:01 PM - Monday June 27, 2011

Lately it seems I keep having these younger guys come on to me.

Now, I'm married, so, while I'm flattered, I tell them I'm unavailable and that's that... but it seems lately I keep getting these guys I know must be 10-15 years younger flirting with me. What's up with that? I always thought guys mostly went for younger women, but I get more attention now than I did when I was 35.

- Asked by curvysmartgirl, A Creative, Female, 36-45, Dallas, Artist / Musician / Writer

Think about it, the older you get, the more eligible men there are (meaning adults) who can hit on you. I've noticed it as well and I don't get it but it happens all the time!!

- Response by psfrannie, A Creative, Female, Who Cares?, Los Angeles, Medical / Dental

Happens to me to...I can't get rid of these morons! :)

The young men often like the older women, and the older men often like the younger women.

I think a woman in her later thirties, and early forties is much sought after...by all men. :)

I've been noticing the same thing lately.

I think it might have something to do with the whole "cougar" craze getting so much media attention these days.... who knows. I'm not usually attracted to men who are that much younger than I am, but I can't say that there aren't exceptions! :)

Hi Dallas,

You know what I think? I beleive that women today look
better than any other time in our pass history. Women
are healthy and have products and services to keep them
looking younger. If I were guessing, I would guess that
you are a good looker! Some women, as do some men, actually
get better looking as time goes by. It does not surprize me
that that you get hit on my younger men! Isn't it fun?

Guys do not always go for women their own age, but it seems
that younger women, on the contrary, do like guys in their
own age group more often than not. Of course we are not counting the gold diggers..lol They can take them own at 80!!

I know even though you are married, you probably do enjoy the
attention, and there is nothing wrong with that. As far as
women flirting with me, my wife always says, "I wouldn't want
a man that know one else wants" lol

Cheers,
Thanks for asking,
Don

- Response by don07, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 56-65, Las Vegas, Self-Employed

Speaking for myself, not really, but there are exceptions. I have a friend from work who is 5 years my senior, and the thought of dating her has crossed my mind. She is very picky with men, and therefore doesn't date much. But we have become good friends, which is always a plus.

When I was 24, a gay friend from my old job wanted to set me up with his friend. I agreed to meet her, and when I did, it turned out she was 37! A few minutes into our conversation, she said "you're really young aren't you?". We mutually agreed it wasn't the best idea, but there were no hard feelings. I think gay couples don't care as much about age gaps because there's no reproductive issues.

I think I could date someone older, but not long term. The problem with girls in their 20s is that they are really immature, and the ones that aren't tend to marry their high school boyfriends at 23.

- Response by jophus, A Rebel, Male, 29-35, Artist / Musician / Writer

I get hit on by younger guys all the time. They all seem to want only sex though. I think they believe older women have all kinds of experience and can teach them new sex things.

- Response by wende13, A Creative, Female, 36-45, Buffalo, Administrative

I remember back in my high school days, all us upper class gals were dating younger guys, I even decided to partake, my bow was less than a year younger than I was.
So perhaps that fad has returned once more.
Or else you must look like you are drippin in dough, and they looking for a money ride!

As a former young man, I can attest they go through periods of having the slobbering hots for older women. When I was around 34 years old, I had a massive crush on a 55 year old co-worker friend of my mom. "Older" women just have that glow that young ones don't have. To me, women don't really hit their prime until they pass 40 years of age.